Need help with programming the Pro96

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleverin

Hey guys, got a question for you. I read the Wiki section here and still can't figure out what to do. I just acquired a used Pro96 and am trying to program the thing. I was able download Win96 and use the 20-047 cable to install most of the local frequencies. I am still having trouble figuring out how to input some frequencies, namely the digital talkgroups. The Win96 help file won't work for me so I am out of luck there. I printed off the frequency pages from RR for the local APCO25 digital frequencies. I am confused as to what to enter into the table. The type says "M" and under mode it says APCO25. Is that the same as EDACS? I think I am entering the wrong thing into the table and that's why I'm not getting anything. And I am at a loss as how to enter the talkgroups for certain local facilities that I want to monitor. So far I have only been able to pick up the same analog frequencies that I was able to with my Pro97. Seems the digital stuff isn't happening for me yet. Somebody HELP before I pull my hair out! Becoming a premium subscriber here certainly helped but I still am having trouble.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Location?

Can you give a location? I should be able to help...

M stands for a mixedmode- analog and digital. You can pick up both with the Pro96. So enter it as normal and leave the "Rx Mode" in Win96 as FM. Leaving it FM will allow it to receiveanalog and digital.

As far as your EDACS question- I'm unclear as to your exact question but APCO25 and EDACS aren't the same.

You will notice that when you receive a digital transmission it will show "DG" in the type right corner of your screen. Otherwise it will say "FM" for an analog channel

jleverin

Texasemt
Thanks, that helps me out. Okay, I just couldn't figure out what those letters connected with the frequencies meant and was afraid I was entering stuff wrong and that's why it wouldn't pick anything up.... by the way, I'm in Pueblo CO.

Last edited:

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if you have fixed your problem, but i have the sister model which is the 2096,have the same program (win96)...What i did to put in talkgroup id's, if look at the bottom right of the table,where you go to input your freq you will the talkgroup id's box, just put in the required info their...I am sure you already know this,but in case if you don't you can get the freq for your area in the database...If your monitoring digital, in the table you will where it shows am,fm mot,edacs..Just make sure whichever system you are programming the right drop down is selected, (just double click to bring down the drop down), Then near top center make sure the correct system is enetered, in the drop down their..Hopefully this helps if not let me know, i will also try to help the best i can

seamusg

Hey guys, got a question for you. I read the Wiki section here and still can't figure out what to do. I just acquired a used Pro96 and am trying to program the thing. I was able download Win96 and use the 20-047 cable to install most of the local frequencies. I am still having trouble figuring out how to input some frequencies, namely the digital talkgroups. The Win96 help file won't work for me so I am out of luck there. I printed off the frequency pages from RR for the local APCO25 digital frequencies. I am confused as to what to enter into the table. The type says "M" and under mode it says APCO25. Is that the same as EDACS? I think I am entering the wrong thing into the table and that's why I'm not getting anything. And I am at a loss as how to enter the talkgroups for certain local facilities that I want to monitor. So far I have only been able to pick up the same analog frequencies that I was able to with my Pro97. Seems the digital stuff isn't happening for me yet. Somebody HELP before I pull my hair out! Becoming a premium subscriber here certainly helped but I still am having trouble.
Since you're a premium subscriber you can directly import the data from here see the WIKI http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Win96

dond943

jleverin, come on over to the Colorado forum. We have a lot of people that can help. Some even are from your area in Co. You could possibly get a Win96 file for your area the you can modify or look at that might help you understand what you are having difficulty with.

JD

Status
Not open for further replies.