Need help with PSREdit 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have the instructions on how to use the PSREdit 500 they could pass along to me? I havent't used this program for about a year and evidently I forgot how to import systems from RadioReference because when I think I have loaded the information into the scanner it's not there. A step-by-step "cheat sheet" would be much appreciated.

mikey60

Remember that when importing, you want to add to what you currently have in the scanner config file. The PSR-500 family of scanners work with full configurations when uploading data to the scanner.

Mike

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Remember that when importing, you want to add to what you currently have in the scanner config file. The PSR-500 family of scanners work with full configurations when uploading data to the scanner.

Mike

Thank you for your reply. Would you be able to provide the step-by-step instructions/directions that I inquired about in my post?

mikey60

Are you trying to import a trunked system or conventional channels? Your original post doesn't really specify.

If trunked, under the import menu, select the RadioReference.com option, then Trunked Data.

Enter your RadioReference.com user name and password and click on the "Query RR Web Service" button.

Select the Country, State, and County where the system is located.

Select the system to be imported in the "Trunked Radio System" pull-down listing.

Once the system has been downloaded from the RR Web Service, switch the the Transmitter Site Selection tab. Depending on the type of system and the number of sites on that system, you may need to select at least one site to monitor (LTR and EDACS systems will only allow a single site to be selected). You may also wish to change the default option at the top of that screen to Primary and Alternate, or All site frequencies.

Then Switch to the Talkgroup Selection tab and select the talkgroups you would like to import. Talkgroups can be selected in a full list, or you can select specifc categories from the pull down above the talkgroup list. To select all of the currently displayed talkgroup objects, click on the "Select All" button.

Once you've selected the talkgroups you want, click on the "Import System" button. This will bring you to the object edit screen. This screen allows you to change the system name, adjust any trunking tables, control adding wildcard objects, set the default scanlists for all imported talkgroups and adjust the system type if needed.

There is also a talkgroup tab that allows you to adjust the properties of the talkgroups being imported including LED and Backlight settings, scanlists, and other options.

Once you have all of that set, click on the Import button to complete the import into the current scanner configuration.

Then you can upload the data to the scanner.

Mike

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Thank you very much for taking the time to send this detailed information. I am trying to load a trunked system, but I can't seem to get it completely right. What version of this program are you using?

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

jimg, what step is giving you problems? Mike knows this program better than anyone, believe what he says.

mikey60

Go to my web site (PSREdit - Configuration Editors for the new GRE line of scanners) and then click on the PSREdit500 link. From there, click on the download button. There are two options there, the full installer, and a ZIP archive.

The installer will do the install the program and all associated files to the Program Files location, create the start menu icons, create a desktop icon if desired and set the file associations for the .bin file type.

The ZIP archive is primarily a carryover from the way the program was originally distributed. It has the files, but will not set up any any of the shortcuts or file associations like the installer will.

Mike

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Go to my web site (PSREdit - Configuration Editors for the new GRE line of scanners) and then click on the PSREdit500 link. From there, click on the download button. There are two options there, the full installer, and a ZIP archive.

The installer will do the install the program and all associated files to the Program Files location, create the start menu icons, create a desktop icon if desired and set the file associations for the .bin file type.

The ZIP archive is primarily a carryover from the way the program was originally distributed. It has the files, but will not set up any any of the shortcuts or file associations like the installer will.

Mike

A big THANK YOU for your help. I was able to download the latest version of the program and make the need changes in the scanner. I finally figured out that I had downloaded the system too many times without clearing them out each time I edited, and when I tried to do again I got the "red" block showing I had exceeded the number of blocks. Once I edited and saved the changes I was able to set up the system just with the talkgroups I wanted in there.

mikey60

Good to hear. I need to make a change at some point to allow importing talkgroups and/or updating frequencies in existing systems. I don't know when I'll be able to do that though.

Mike

jimg

Premium Subscriber

Mike

What is the link to PSRControl?

dlagerveld1103

Premium Subscriber
downloading

I recently read the post that gave detailed instructions for downloading trunked systems. It was very helpful. I am brand new to this and am still confused. I have set up scan lists on the screen, and I followed the instructions and downloaded a trunked system but I cannot figure out how to assign a system to a particular scan list. For example, scan list 1 is labeled Northern Virginia area and scan list 2 is labeled Fredericksburg Va area. When downloading onto my computer, how do I assign a trunked system from Northern Virginia to scan list 1, a trunked system from Fredericksburg to scan list 2, etc.? Thanks in advance for any help that any of you can provide.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I recently read the post that gave detailed instructions for downloading trunked systems. It was very helpful. I am brand new to this and am still confused. I have set up scan lists on the screen, and I followed the instructions and downloaded a trunked system but I cannot figure out how to assign a system to a particular scan list. For example, scan list 1 is labeled Northern Virginia area and scan list 2 is labeled Fredericksburg Va area. When downloading onto my computer, how do I assign a trunked system from Northern Virginia to scan list 1, a trunked system from Fredericksburg to scan list 2, etc.? Thanks in advance for any help that any of you can provide.
You don't assign the system to a scan list, you assign the specific talkgroups to a scan list, or multiple scan lists.

Sent using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.