need help with radio shack pro-106/pro-197

Status
Not open for further replies.

homerglock

Premium Subscriber
I have a radio shack pro-106/pro-197 portable scanner, we were up and running fine until last week and lost all traffic. So I'd like to know if you have the information to help us, and also someone you would recommend for helping me program I have the software and programmable cable. Someone walked me right through it last time no trouble. Thanks in advance for all your help. Does radio reference have the program for Alamance County, North Carolina

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
I have a radio shack pro-106/pro-197 portable scanner, we were up and running fine until last week and lost all traffic. So I'd like to know if you have the information to help us, and also someone you would recommend for helping me program I have the software and programmable cable. Someone walked me right through it last time no trouble. Thanks in advance for all your help. Does radio reference have the program for Alamance County, North Carolina

Hello
Looks like your site's have been rebanded which means you just program in the new Control Channels in,

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4087

Altamahaw

Cane Mountain

Not hard to do with software, what software do you have?

Swipesy

Since you did not specify which software you have (there are 3) I can only tell you generally what you have to do.

1. Load in new rebanded control channels to the System in the software.
2. Click on the rebanded button in the software for the entered rebanded frequencies.

You should then be able to hear the system again.

homerglock

Premium Subscriber
thanks for helping, not sure about how to reband. I have just the Radio Shack programming software.

Swipesy

thanks for helping, not sure about how to reband. I have just the Radio Shack programming software.

The best way to program the radio is by using (1) Win500 (2) PSREdit 500 (3) Butel ARC. These programs have 30 day free trials. When a system rebands you need to setup Custom Tables. The software I mention has a button that you click that automatically will set the correct custom tables for the new rebanded Control Channels. I would suggest you download listed software trials and use them to reprogram your radio. If you like one of them then purchase the software. They are inexpensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.