Need Help with RS Triple Trunking 20-163

Status
Not open for further replies.

911outfitters

Looking for someone to help me with the programming of this scanner for the Oklahoma area. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide. I am new to the scanner field.

N1BHH

You should read the manual thoroughly: Easier to Read Pro-164/163 PSR300/C/400/C Scanner Manual

You may also want to ask this question in the Oklahoma thread, maybe a moderator could move this to the Oklahoma thread: Oklahoma Radio Discussion Forum - The RadioReference.com Forums

And it would be a good idea to get software, I recommend, as many others will, Win97. It's free for 30 days, but I suggest you buy it. Make sure to get a programming cable from either Radio Shack or GRE and you'll be able to view for yourself how to program and how it's laid out.

Win97 - Data Management Software for the PRO-97, PRO-2055, PSR-300, PSR-400, PRO-164, and PRO-163 Scanners

sphipps

Muskogee police, sheriff, fire, and EMS all use the OKWIN statewide P25 digital system... as does Ft Gibson and most public services around the Tulsa region. You're not going to be able to hear them with your PRO-163 since it's an analog scanner. Have you purchased it recently? If so, you might want to consider returning it and buying a PRO-106 or PRO-197. Those scanners will give you the digital capability that you need to monitor that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.