need help with sacramento area rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numatik

Hey guys, I read the rebanding faq and didnt really understand it. I live in west sacramento and im in the center of the Davis trunk system (recently rebanded) and the entire Sacramento area(also rebanded) including central sacramento, south sacramento, elk grove, citrus heights, folsom, rancho cordova, Roseville, etc etc.
Can somebody be a huge help and teach me how to set this up? Once I learn it I will be more then happy to teach other users how to do it as well. Is it fairly simple to set up? I use win96 and I am using a Radioshack Pro-96 digital trunking scanner. Thank you so much,

- Gary

Numatik

I got davis to work and west sac (same TRS as sacramento but only ) but Sacramento neighboring cities still arent coming up. I am using the newest version of win96 1.71, so I just selected 800 mhz rebanding under 3600cc. Am I doing something wrong?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Rebanding wouldn't necessarily change any talkgroups - unless some parts of the city have not yet changed over. Did you check the old freqs to see if they're still up (just add 15 mhz to the rebanded ones)? Are you running in what we would call in the Uniden world ID Scan mode - which means you would only hear the talkgroups you programmed - instead of ID Search mode, which means you hear everything (don't know the terms RS would use - probably closed and open mode, respectively)? If you're running in closed mode, did you create a scanlist for them?

I don't have Win96, but I bet someone in the California forums can find it quick...best regards..Mike

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I got davis to work and west sac (same TRS as sacramento but only) but Sacramento neighboring cities still arent coming up. I am using the newest version of win96 1.71, so I just selected 800 mhz rebanding under 3600cc. Am I doing something wrong?
You must be. Citrus Heights, Elk Grove, Folsom, Rancho Cordova, West Sacramento, etc are all on the same system. Most, if not all, dispatch traffic can be monitored on the Sacramento City site or Sacramento County site. If you've got one working, the only thing that makes sense in keeping the others from working is how you have your talkgroups programmed.

It is not clear to me which site you are trying to monitor (city or county); the basic difference is the frequencies they use. Once you are receiving from one of these sites, try scanning with your bank set to open. You should hear everything including RT, public works, etc... including the cities you desire. From there check your TG programming; make sure they are not locked out, the TG IDs are the correct value, etc to find the problem.

duster50

There are two separate sets of frequencies for Sacramento city and county. Both need to be programmed into the scanner, or just the control freqs. I have had success combining both sets in one bank.

At least, this used to work fine until a few weeks ago. I began to think that encryption had come to town.
I think I need to reprogram my scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.