Need help with Sig. Stalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spy8464

I have a Pro-97 and have not been able to use Signal Stalker successfully. I have turned the attenuater turned off, I have wandered next to sources that should be send signals out, I have looked all through the internet and yes I have asked the people at Radio Shack and I will let you figure how that turned out. Can anybody please give me a clue?

Thanks.

lugoffman

I have a Pro-97 and have not been able to use Signal Stalker successfully. I have turned the attenuater turned off, I have wandered next to sources that should be send signals out, I have looked all through the internet and yes I have asked the people at Radio Shack and I will let you figure how that turned out. Can anybody please give me a clue?

Thanks.

When using the signal stalker you should be within 100 yards of the siginal thats about all it's good for

brent30

The guy on this thread had the smae problem.. the link is below

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14144

Thanks.

lugoffman

Well what you could do is hit and hold the scan button untill sig. stalker comes on and then hit the 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0 keys all depending on what mhz you want to stalk and try that but like i said earlyer you only want to be within 100 yards or what ever you are tring to siginal stalk, and if you got sp.sig. stalker its pretty much the same way except you hold the scan button down and then when sig. stalker comes on hit function and the up key and it takes you to sp.signal stocker which i think it allows you to siginal stock plus be able to monitor your frequency's that you have programed in at the same time

Spy8464

Thanks for your help. I will go over to a fast food place and check it out.

thanks again.

Spy8464

Thanks for the info. I'm going to buz over to a fast food place and see if getting closer helps. If that doesn't work then I guess I'm one of the unlucky

SCPD

QRT
100 yards??, I believe its more like 50ft or within sight of whatever you are trying to pickup.. Very very Short distance

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Fast Food places typically use extremely low power transmitters. You typically have to be standing within a few feet of the person when they transmit to have even a slight chance of getting a hit from them.

Try going into a WalMart*. Every time I've done so (with Close Call, not SS) I've gotten hits from the radios used by employees.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Another place to try your SS is the local movie theater. Especially if it is one of those 2000 screen monsters.

Our local 24 screen place is fairly active. I listen through some ear buds. Often better sound track there than on the screen.

RayAir

If you have a FRS radio, just set the signal stalker to search in that freq range, PTT and see if the signal stalker picks it up. Then at least you know its working right.

Status
Not open for further replies.