need help with trunk tracker iv

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjag1946

I have a trunk tracker IV and have my local apco 25 police tuned in. It,s in the 700MHz range. My problem is this, I can see on the screen that it is scanning the range, but i hear no audio at all ? Somtimes i hear birdies, but not all the time. I,ve got the scanner on hold, and if i turn hold off it will automaticly jump to a different system. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me with this matter. Thank,s, Bob in Alaska.

teufler

file for anchorage

try this file. its freescan, and an anchorage file. its a 396xt file, trunktracker IV file.

Attachments

• anchorage.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 77

rjag1946

trunk tracker I

Can,t believe I spent almost $400 for a digital scanner to listen to our local police dept. wich was
apco 25, finally to find out they went on line. Can,t hear anything on the scanner! getting the freq., but no sound. BUMMER

RBMTS

RJAG1946 - Can you provide a little more information of what you are trying to listen to? It appears that Anchorage PD and FD moved to the state ALMR system. This trunking system contains VHF frequencies. Not 700Mhz as you are indicating. Perhaps you can tell us all what SPECIFIC scanner you have and what department or city you are trying to listen to. I think we can then help you out more. Did you try the file that TEUFLER provided you?

teufler

Well the file i first sent had no vhf. It was all 700 and 800. I am sending a new file, anchrage1.zip. It has what was originally sent plus vhf for anchorage. I have included some groups that you may not want but if they decode, then the stuff you want may be encrypted. I read a notice that the state police was encrypted. Again file is a Freescan 2.16a file.

Attachments

• anchorage1.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 73

smithken

Premium Subscriber
I have a trunk tracker IV and have my local apco 25 police tuned in. It,s in the 700MHz range. My problem is this, I can see on the screen that it is scanning the range, but i hear no audio at all ? Somtimes i hear birdies, but not all the time. I,ve got the scanner on hold, and if i turn hold off it will automaticly jump to a different system. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me with this matter. Thank,s, Bob in Alaska.

What is the model number of your scanner? The BC296D and the BCD396T are both Trunktracker IV's but they are very different from each other.

rjag1946

uniden

it,s a bcd 396 xt Having a heck of a time trying to unzip that folder? Just started running wind. 8 and it,s a bit confuseing

teufler

I just thought of this, Try the files that are built in to the 396xt. Alaska ALMR i already programmed. All the sites for alaska are there. one group. now if that works, its a simple process to add additional groups. All the radio hard work is done.Scanner Reset to initialize the scanner's memory, turn off the scanner. Then press 2, 9, and Hold while turning it on (It helps if you can lay it flat). The scanner will give you the option 'Restore Preprogram List? "Yes"=E/No="."', if you press 'E/Yes', the scanner reloads the preprogrammed systems.
Important! This deletes all programmed data.

Status
Not open for further replies.