need help with UBC180XLT aka SC180B

Status
Not open for further replies.

turalo

Hi everyone.

I'v just got my first scanner, it's a bit used UBC180XLT (european name ) or the US name : SC180B

I need a little help with this.

1. I need to reset it to factory defaults, because there are already some freq's inside that are not valid for my city.
2. how do I set it to search from 0 to the end ? so to serach all freq's that it can search/scan ? the ones that are not programmed.

I have read the manual, but I'm unable to make it work. when I press search it shows a up arrow, and stays on same freq does not go further, if I press scan it scans only programmed freq's which are not valid for my city.

please help / advice.

thanks in advance.

nanZor

I don't see any factory default reset in the manual either.

Looks like you are limited to either overwriting the existing frequencies with your own, or programming them as ZERO (0).

Is your squelch set? I also wonder if that older model, when you change the direction of the search / scan, it just stops, and requires another push of the scan / search button?

Pretty cool to see an older scanner like that have alpha tags!

turalo

I don't see any factory default reset in the manual either.

Looks like you are limited to either overwriting the existing frequencies with your own, or programming them as ZERO (0).

Is your squelch set? I also wonder if that older model, when you change the direction of the search / scan, it just stops, and requires another push of the scan / search button?

Pretty cool to see an older scanner like that have alpha tags!

Not so fast :)

I found it, some guy helped me out on another forum.

I had to press 2+9+Manual while turning it on, and it makes it go to factory defaults.

the for searching I need to press and hold search button for few seconds then I get to choose which range I want to scan, so after pressing up or down arrow button to select the range, I press scan again. if squelch is set right it will start automaticly.

It works now, I have scanned all ranges yesterday, and have also found few communications.

It might be older model, but in general it scans all default ranges.
I gues I would need another expensive one to scan also special channels, but for now this is enough, this way I can start learning how this whole thing works etc...

thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.