Need help with Uniden BCD996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjarboe

When I first used this scanner it worked fine, picking up numerous signals from many sources including police, fire, state3 police, emergency medical, & so on. Then, suddenly, reception dropped to near zero. I was told that this was due to rebanding. I sent the unit to Scanner Master for reprogramming. When it was sent back the unit did not receive as it had before. Reception still next to zero. I sent it back, received it back, with no change. Scanner Master told me it was "working fine". So I don't get it. I paid over $150 for reprogramming and the unit still does not receive anything. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm getting tired of dealing with Scanner Master since they have failed, in my estimation, to deliver. I plan to demand a refund from them. In the meantime I'm looking for other solutions. I would REALLY like the unit to work as it did before. Thanks for any help anyone can give. JJ

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
What system are you trying to listen to?

maybe post your scanner file using dropbox or something and maybe we can take a look at it. Scanner Master does not live in your town so maybe another eyes can take a look at your file and the system you are trying to listen too.

Its best to take baby steps and load a couple of channels or talkgroups and work backup.

jjarboe

I can get the weather channel clearly. Four bars. I also, on rare occassion, pick up Maumelle PD. Maumelle is a subdivision of North Little Rock, about 5 to 8 miles away from my house. It also comes in at 4 bars. I get nothing else. I'm no radio expert but it seems like a reception problem. The unit scans through all the channels but doesn't stop on anything else except Maumelle. Since Little Rock has been identified as the most dangerous city for its size--medium sized metro area--I am quite certain that the transmissions going out from police are frrequent. Just as I remember when the unit was new. Also, the "Police Beat" section of the local newspaper is a very busy column. I just received an email from Scanner Master which informed me that their programmer is out of town until Tuesday, and that they want to arrange a walk-through by phone. Fine with me. Any more tips from this forum are very welcome.

ninfreak

press menu then program system then go to the system your having problems with then go to edit site go to the site scroll down to set attenuator and see if it is off

teufler

norg little rock file

WELL THIS IS A FREESCAN 2.17 file. download and take you scanner cable and plug into trhe scanner. I assume you have a computer, if not perhaps a friend does.The file has probably more than you want but it contains stuff that you can check the receiver range out with. It has Little Rock AFB stuff, so you have some air band. It has Arkwin as well as Little Rock PS for talk groups that have not migrated over. Maumelle is there as well as other stuff in North Little Rock. $ additional counties are there also. Per Radio Reference, the file is zipped so you will need a unzipping utility. 7 zip is a fine one , available off the internet free. p25 stuff is set to 0 wait, 849-865 mhz changed to FM from nbfm.

Attachments

• north little rock.zip
    7.9 KB · Views: 68

jjarboe

@ Ninfreak--I just set attenuator to off. No change. Thanks for tip. @Teufler, thanks for Freescan file. Will tackle that asap. I was a Novice Ham back many, many years ago. Never got my General license so this radio stuff is pretty much new stuff for me, but I enjoy the scanner when it works so I'll keep on trying. Also looking around her in this area--North Little Rock, Little Rock, etc. in Central Arkansas to find a radio club of something like that so I can get some 1 on 1. Thanks again for your help from t. Peters. My first teaching job was in St. Charles, back in 1966. I taught there a year before getting drafted in the Army. Good memories of the St. Louis area.

jjarboe

Teufler, Tried to open Freescan file but couldn't. Downloaded 77Zip (?) but haven't worked with zip files much. Scanner still not receiving. Except for Maumelle. It comes in MPD-BU 2 whatever that means. Guess my next step is to contact Uniden for some support. I'd really like to get this scanner working like it used to. Scanner Master is no help. They're refunding my $$ but I'd rather they help me get this working, but they're unwilling to. Any more tips? Like how to load the file?

teufler

when 7 zip loads, a directory opens. you may have to navigate to where your zip file was downloaded. whn you get to the directory, you see zip files, pick the correct one, click the blye bar, upper left corner of screen and the file is unzipped.

teufler

well due to the social unrest in St Louis, the Chief in his crystal ball has decided St Louis will go dark, radio speaking,. They are encrypted now, though St Louis County has stayed in the clear, Highwsay Patrol is in the clear and st Charles County stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.