Need help with Unitrunker and DSD+

Status
Not open for further replies.

danzik

Hi I am having a problem running unitrunker and DSD as all I am getting is static noise, I believe I have a windows 10 sound setting that is incorrect could you guys possibly help me out a bit here, I have changed and tried all kinds of things as I have tried VB cable and VAC 415 which I have a license for and i cant get either of them to work correctly, does the VAC or the sound card need to be set to communication mode or somthing? Thanks i will add some photos of what i am seeing but i here no voices just noise, thanks again

danzik

DSD+ is picking it up it just isnt demodulating the voice correctly just static soundssounds0

danzik

Hi slicerwizard, I do believe i am using the newest Unitrunker, why do you think it is that I am not hearing any voices whatsoever then? What could be my issues? Everything is scrolling, do i need to switch somthing in unitrunker to get PSK decoded? Thanks

danzik

I am not really sure about what I am doing here I am just attempting to learn some of it, really just working up to attempt to demodulate NXDN

slicerwizard

There is a DSD+ 1.101 command line switch. -mp if I recall correctly. It may help. As I said, decoding PSK with Unitrunker and DSD+ is not going to go well.

I believe the newest Unitrunker is only available through a Google group. If you have access to it, there would be the place to ask questions.

If you're actually looking to decode NXDN, just do it with DSD+. What issues are you having?

danzik

There is a DSD+ 1.101 command line switch. -mp if I recall correctly. It may help. As I said, decoding PSK with Unitrunker and DSD+ is not going to go well.

I believe the newest Unitrunker is only available through a Google group. If you have access to it, there would be the place to ask questions.

If you're actually looking to decode NXDN, just do it with DSD+. What issues are you having?
I am just trying to get DSD+ to get some act
actual sound voices first slicerwizard before I proceed further was really it, I have not heard anything yet but noise on the system! now if i use SDR i have picked up fm radio clearly of coarse but no P25 or anything else have I been able to hear and dont know why

danzik

what is PKS exactly? I have heard and seen the term but I thought i was just attempting to pick up digital P25 Safe-T signals of now? I am sure you are correct but can you explain PSK to me and why it hard to receive with a RTL? Thanks

slicerwizard

PSK is phase shift keying modulation. The Unitrunker you're using is employing FM demodulation on PSK signals, which is a crapshoot.

So you're using an SDR? Is it one of the common $25 units? If so, FMP and DSD+ is all you need.

danzik

PSK is phase shift keying modulation. The Unitrunker you're using is employing FM demodulation on PSK signals, which is a crapshoot.

So you're using an SDR? Is it one of the common $25 units? If so, FMP and DSD+ is all you need.
Yes I am using 2 of them, one for signal and the other for voice, NooElec NESDR mini

Status
Not open for further replies.