Need help with West Bloomfield Fire Department frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire125

FF/EMT/HMRT
Premium Subscriber
Hi guys, I have problem with West Bloomfield Fire Department frequency.
I Programmed my uniden BCD436HP and wouxun KG-UV8D radio with frequency that i found from radioreference database. but the problem i have is i can't hear anything except Dispatch. I checked my frequency and Tone but i can't hear members, truck... just Dispatch. also i went to fire station and use uniden close-call, when they were talking on radio my uniden didn't find anything!!!!!!
If someone help me i really appreciate it.

RayAir

Hi guys, I have problem with West Bloomfield Fire Department frequency.
I Programmed my uniden BCD436HP and wouxun KG-UV8D radio with frequency that i found from radioreference database. but the problem i have is i can't hear anything except Dispatch. I checked my frequency and Tone but i can't hear members, truck... just Dispatch. also i went to fire station and use uniden close-call, when they were talking on radio my uniden didn't find anything!!!!!!
If someone help me i really appreciate it.

Because they all use 700/800 MHz OpenSky radios and only dispatch is simulcasted to analog.

We let you know this when you posted this question in another thread.

Fire125

FF/EMT/HMRT
Premium Subscriber
Need help

Hi guys, I have problem with digital, p 25 and open sky frequencies
our fire department ( West Bloomfield) has one UHF frequency (424.175) But when i'm listening to it i can only hear Dispatch none of members or trucks or anything else. Just Dispatch. Someone told me maybe they are on open sky, i checked Michigan public safety open sky frequency and i found West Bloomfield open sky frequencies. I have uniden BCD436HP and i programmed it on 3 open sky frequencies, but i can't hear anything again. Also i can't hear Dispatch on open sky.
Can anyone tell me what is the problem or what do i need for listening to open sky because i don't no a lot about open sky.
thanks.

N8IAA

Ok if no scanner can't receive it: 1- how they use open sky or 700/800 ?
2-what do you think about that i can only hear dispatch?

1. With radios that are on the system. They don't use scanners.

2. You're lucky that at least you can hear the simulcast of the dispatch.
Larry

Fire125

FF/EMT/HMRT
Premium Subscriber
1. With radios that are on the system. They don't use scanners.

2. You're lucky that at least you can hear the simulcast of the dispatch.
Larry

Sorry if i ask a lots of question.
How do they can hear it? I mean for sure they have some radio or somthing that they use and speack with each other!! Maybe digital radio or somthing.
We don't have any way that i can listen to all speacks?
And thanks again for reply

Nasby

Sorry if i ask a lots of question.
How do they can hear it? I mean for sure they have some radio or somthing that they use and speack with each other!! Maybe digital radio or somthing.
We don't have any way that i can listen to all speacks?
And thanks again for reply

They can hear because they are legitimate, lawful users on the system. Not scanner buffs.

You can listen if you get your hands on an official radio authorized to be on the system.

Within legal means of course.

Fire125

FF/EMT/HMRT
Premium Subscriber
Dispatch is obviously NOT on Open Sky.

You mean dispatch is not on open sky but all other radios are on open sky?
If we can't listen to open aky or fire radio how do they speack to each other and to to dispatch? Should i buy digital radio or what?

Nasby

If you have a legitimate reason (as in public safety work) to be on the Open Sky system in question, then ask your agency to provide a radio to you.

Or I suppose you could buy your own radio and have your agency radio guru hook you up with programming and whatnot.

rwier

Hi guys, I have problem with digital, p 25 and open sky frequencies
our fire department ( West Bloomfield) has one UHF frequency (424.175) But when i'm listening to it i can only hear Dispatch none of members or trucks or anything else. Just Dispatch. Someone told me maybe they are on open sky, i checked Michigan public safety open sky frequency and i found West Bloomfield open sky frequencies. I have uniden BCD436HP and i programmed it on 3 open sky frequencies, but i can't hear anything again. Also i can't hear Dispatch on open sky.
Can anyone tell me what is the problem or what do i need for listening to open sky because i don't no a lot about open sky.
thanks.

" ... I have uniden BCD436HP ... "

along with all those other confusing words, and you never mentioned Sentinel Software or Favorite Lists? Are you trying to set up your scanner using the scanner only (manual programming)? If so, I can not help you.

However, if you have the Sentinel Software installed on a computer, along with the correct connecting cable for your scanner, I believe your future listening success will brighten up quickly.

rwier

I guess I should make sure with the group: Does the 436HP use Sentinel and Favorite Lists. If so, I suspect that instructions for creating HP-1 FLs would work for the 436HP?

Anyone? Thanks!!!

dmg1969

Fire125, it's very simple. Users on an Open Sky system have radios that can transmit and receive audio on the system. There is no scanner in the world that can decode it. As some one else said, they do not use scanners to communicate, they use two-way radios. The reason you might be hearing dispatch is that they may be simulcasting the dispatch talk group through the old UHF dispatch frequency.

The neighboring county that I used to live in here in Pennsylvania went to Open Sky. However, they still maintain patches to their low band fire dispatch and UHF EMS dispatch frequencies.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
The reason you are hearing Dispatch traffic only is the Dispatch Center is transmitting on 2 radios at the same time the radio you hear is the paging alerting channel that way the members can carry pagers to be notified of a fire call. We do this at our department no radio company makes pagers that work on any type trunking or LTR radio system. I hope this clears this up for you.

SCPD

QRT
Just to make sure Fire125 has the basic concept here:

OpenSky is a type of radio system, just as Apco25, or MotoTrbo.
Oakland County used the OpenSky radio system, using OpenSky Radios. Just like MSP uses an Apco25 system, using Apco25 radios. Some scanners can hear Apco25. There are currently no scanners that can hear OpenSky or MotoTrbo.

Your township's fire department, and others in Oakland may do the same, retransmit the OpenSky signal on analog FM. Perhaps they do this so that voice pagers can hear the calls, like Buddrousa said. Here in my neighborhood, that is the reason. Although all volunteer firefighters have radios, most would rather carry a 3 oz pager than the radio everywhere with them.

So in a nutshell, that's it. OpenSky is a modulation technology that consumer scanners can not de-modulate.

Fire125

FF/EMT/HMRT
Premium Subscriber
Just to make sure Fire125 has the basic concept here:

OpenSky is a type of radio system, just as Apco25, or MotoTrbo.
Oakland County used the OpenSky radio system, using OpenSky Radios. Just like MSP uses an Apco25 system, using Apco25 radios. Some scanners can hear Apco25. There are currently no scanners that can hear OpenSky or MotoTrbo.

Your township's fire department, and others in Oakland may do the same, retransmit the OpenSky signal on analog FM. Perhaps they do this so that voice pagers can hear the calls, like Buddrousa said. Here in my neighborhood, that is the reason. Although all volunteer firefighters have radios, most would rather carry a 3 oz pager than the radio everywhere with them.

So in a nutshell, that's it. OpenSky is a modulation technology that consumer scanners can not de-modulate.

I really appriciate for helping me. Yeah you'r right they are using open sky. So in this case i need digital two way radio or a two way radio that support open sky and 700/800 mhz? And my another question is if all oakland county fire departments are using open sky why i can hear any county on uhf and vhf ( both, dispatch and all members and trucks and every thing) but I can't only hear West Bloomfield memebers!!

Fire125

FF/EMT/HMRT
Premium Subscriber
The reason you are hearing Dispatch traffic only is the Dispatch Center is transmitting on 2 radios at the same time the radio you hear is the paging alerting channel that way the members can carry pagers to be notified of a fire call. We do this at our department no radio company makes pagers that work on any type trunking or LTR radio system. I hope this clears this up for you.

Thank you for reply. I got you, i should find a way to listening to all traffics
What about if i buy digital or i don't know a radio that support that band.
If you are using in your department, which radio you are using? Motorola or something else?

RayAir

Forget about getting a radio to monitor OpenSky.
You'll save yourself time and money.

They use Harris P7200 and M7200 OpenSky radios. Even if you bought one of these you still can't listen in.
They are programmed over the air, not entirely by software.

When they turn on their radios they first authenticate to the OpenSky system as a valid registered radio. Then the radio downloads the proper talk group profile for the radio. The radio must be sent traffic to receive it.

Every radio has an IP address and a user ID and password.

There is no more help we can possibly give you on this.

If you want to listen, about your only option is to become a West Bloomfield firefighter and hope you're issued an OpenSky radio.

Maybe someday DSD or DSD+ will be able to decode OpenSky. Maybe.

Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.