Need help with Whistler TRX-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
FWIW, I've had my TRX-1 for a couple of years. Initially I was very unimpressed with it. I monitor aircraft and railroads primarily and the performance was much less impressive than my GRE PSR-500 hand held. As the firmware updates came out, I discovered the performance improved with each update. I have never tried to program using Zip Codes but using the specific information from the Data Base. It has sometimes taken some research to find the data I was looking for but using some creativity I have been able to locate any information I wanted. I have also started to mix trunking talk groups with conventional channels for both railroads and some airports where their operations and Crash Fire Rescue personnel work on a trunked system. That approach seems to work well for me.

Be persistent and don't hesitate to ask in this forum for help. There's some very knowledgeable resources here... Have fun!

Jimbo876

FWIW, I've had my TRX-1 for a couple of years. Initially I was very unimpressed with it. I monitor aircraft and railroads primarily and the performance was much less impressive than my GRE PSR-500 hand held. As the firmware updates came out, I discovered the performance improved with each update. I have never tried to program using Zip Codes but using the specific information from the Data Base. It has sometimes taken some research to find the data I was looking for but using some creativity I have been able to locate any information I wanted. I have also started to mix trunking talk groups with conventional channels for both railroads and some airports where their operations and Crash Fire Rescue personnel work on a trunked system. That approach seems to work well for me.

Be persistent and don't hesitate to ask in this forum for help. There's some very knowledgeable resources here... Have fun!

Ok and I do appreciate all you people helping me. So thanks again.

Jimbo876

Simulcast has become a curse for me! Still experimenting. There is a lot in the Advanced Settings that is beyond
my knowledge. Some have suggested changing the Advanced DSP Settings to:
DSP - 48
ADC - minus 2
DAC - 0

How do I change these?

rayvelcoro

Don't use Zip Code programming! You'll be sorry for the mess you're left with.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I have never used zip code programming. I prefer to do all of my own programming from scratch. The alpha tags from the database are sometimes meaningless and I like to have control over exactly what I want to monitor. As stated earlier, I edit my channels, talkgroups, and scan lists in an Excel CSV file and import text files into the software.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.