Need help with Win97 & a Pro-164

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Guys,

I'm trying to program a 164 for a friend of mine, and doing a UHF Moto-II system is driving me nuts! I can't get the scanner to stop on the system at all! :mad:

I've got the system loaded into Win97 just like I did for my friend John's Pro-97, and I set the 'Misc' setting to use the PSR-300's table setting. I have the correct 3 base/offset data entries in the custom table, and they do show up in the scanner when manually checked.

What confuses me most is that Win97 has no choice to 'use' the custom tables - there is only the choice in the software & the scanner for 'normal' or 'splinter' 800 MHz. system operation.

Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks in advance!

W2SJW

Database Admin
Also, here is the file (if anyone might be able to see what is wrong).

The system in question is in Bank #2

Last edited:

DonS

W2SJW said:
Guys,

I'm trying to program a 164 for a friend of mine, and doing a UHF Moto-II system is driving me nuts! I can't get the scanner to stop on the system at all! :mad:

I've got the system loaded into Win97 just like I did for my friend John's Pro-97, and I set the 'Misc' setting to use the PSR-300's table setting. I have the correct 3 base/offset data entries in the custom table, and they do show up in the scanner when manually checked.

What confuses me most is that Win97 has no choice to 'use' the custom tables - there is only the choice in the software & the scanner for 'normal' or 'splinter' 800 MHz. system operation.
There's no option to "use" the custom tables because they're required for VHF and UHF systems - the radio always uses them.

I've heard of a problem in the PRO-164/PSR-300 with calculating some UHF voice frequencies (i.e. right around 500 MHz). I believe GRE is working on it.

Highpockets

DonS said:
There's no option to "use" the custom tables because they're required for VHF and UHF systems - the radio always uses them.

I've heard of a problem in the PRO-164/PSR-300 with calculating some UHF voice frequencies (i.e. right around 500 MHz). I believe GRE is working on it.

That's why is great to have people like you here on rr, you not only write, support great software, your involved in helping users to solve problems, good job all around!

W2SJW

Database Admin
Thanks for the quick reply, guys.

It still dosen't help the situation, though! :mad::confused::(

Status
Not open for further replies.