WS1065: NEED HELP WITH WS1065 SCANNER

Status
Not open for further replies.

geoffmercer78

I just bought a new Whistler ws1065 scanner. I programed it with Radioreference and PSRedit software. I was able to program it easily enough and it will scan and show the the name and frequency but it will not pick up on anything. I have tried 3 different antennas. The weather station works and thasts it. Anyone have an idea of what I am doing wrong??

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
You can try entering the frequencies in a conventional system with no scan delay. I believe you will be able to receive the frequencies, but not be able to trunk track them.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Don't go looking for another scanner. LTR Passport can't be decoded by any of them without modifications. However it might be possible with a RTL-SDR (or similar) and software such as SDRTrunk

Mike

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
LOL. I've got to respond here. Original poster you have several very experienced responders here. I have to take issue when you say you bought a new 1065 LOL. That radio was made by GRE in early 2007. It was rebranded by RadioShack and then rebranded by Whistler but understand please... This technology from 2007 it's no different than the radio you hold.... Sorry.

Don't misunderstand me... This is a phenomenal radio. This is from the days that Paul was working for GRE and was the founder of object-oriented scanning. Again, don't get me wrong, this is a great radio and I owned four them from 2007 to 2014.

Again I could care less about the reaction to what I'm saying but those who know... know.

Last edited:

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
My only response to that is... I miss Don Starr, he's dropped out. Please don't discount Paul's contribution. I understand we're way out of the box here but if certain people see these posts, Step Up.... They will understand... thanks. Time goes on, this will fall on deaf ears.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
After thinking about it, yes, I'm referring to Don Starr, those who would know the difference between his contributions and Paul's contributions so long ago would probably be someone in your position, don't think, I don't know LOL. Thanks for the interaction Mike.... Bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.