• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Need help with xts3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sierra1500

Premium Subscriber
I recently purchased a xts 3000 and need push in the right direction as in to where to start to getting the radio programmed, through a cps of some sort which I have had a hard time finding a working version or is there an alternate software cps to use?? Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

N4KVE

Because that radio platform is discontinued, you can’t buy the CPS from Motorola any longer. So E-Bay is your friend. Plenty of people offering to program a radio for a fee. Or, you could probably have a local 2-way shop program it for you.

Sierra1500

Premium Subscriber
Is there any truth to the idea that the xts 5000 cps software will work with the xts 3000 v2? From what I've read or it could be wrong.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
The XTS3000 has been out of support for what, 7 or 8 years now? Last version of the CPS was written to work with 32 bit versions of Windows running XP (though many of use successfully used it on up to Windows 7 machines with 32 bit architectures). For the last 5 years 64 bit machines have been the norm though so unless you keep older machines around or have some VM's...its getting more and more difficult to program the radios.

N4KVE

I keep a $50 XP laptop around for XTS3000/Astro Sabers, MTS2000’s, MTX9250’s, & others. They also have real serial ports. While Moto no longer sells the CPS, it’s easy to find. Ribless programming cables are $20. Still might be cheaper to have someone program it for you.

Sierra1500

Premium Subscriber
I keep a $50 XP laptop around for XTS3000/Astro Sabers, MTS2000’s, MTX9250’s, & others. They also have real serial ports. While Moto no longer sells the CPS, it’s easy to find. Ribless programming cables are $20. Still might be cheaper to have someone program it for you.
You say the discontinuted cps is easy to find, do you mind showing a link on where I can find this?

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
I find Bing can be helpful in the questionable results category as well.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
I have a MTX9250. I can not find the CPS unless I go to russia. Any clues? I'm assuming I'm not looking for the correct name/version. Which CPS/what version should I be looking for? Google is not helping.

Last edited:

K2NEC

I have a MTX9250. I can not find the CPS unless I go to russia. Any clues? I'm assuming I'm not looking for the correct name/version. Which CPS/what version should I be looking for? Google is not helping.
Commercial series CPS. Latest is R06.12.05 I think

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Commercial series CPS. Latest is R06.12.05 I think

Right on the CPS version...but not on the series. That's a Waris radio so that would be Professional Series CPS (which the last version was R06.12.05). Commercial Series CPS last version was R07.18 but that was for radios like the CP/CM/PM series radios.

K2NEC

Right on the CPS version...but not on the series. That's a Waris radio so that would be Professional Series CPS (which the last version was R06.12.05). Commercial Series CPS last version was R07.18 but that was for radios like the CP/CM/PM series radios.
Shoot, I'm not sure what I was thinking that day lol. Thank you for the correction

clbsquared

R06.12.09 to be exact. R06.12.05 was the last version that still allowed wideband.

Status
Not open for further replies.