Need help WS1040

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB2KCO

Premium Subscriber
Just got this scanner today and tried to follow instructions for programming , It's like VCR instructions back in the 80's . Tried to load the 800 Palmetto systems and it keeps telling me I have to buy a premium package when the instructions that came with the scanner said I get 30 days free , What gives ? I loaded some conventional frequencies and they work fine .

Thanks Ben KB2KCO

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Moved to its own thread as this has nothing to do with the EZ-Scan update.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Ben, I'm unsure of where you got your instructions, but this article from our wiki (links are always in blue) has links to just about everything you need. Note that there is an 'Easier to Read' manual linked at the bottom. Note also that your 1040 is really a PSR-500 in another box, so anything written for that scanner will work with your 1040

Getting Started with your GRE/RS Object Oriented Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

Lots of folks use software to program these radios, and unfortunately there isn't any freeware for them. However, the 3 apps that do work with this scanner - ARC500, PSREdit500 and Win500 - have 30 day free trials. We also have user guides for both ARC500 and Win500 linked in the article above.

Once you get settled on a software package, it's quite likely someone in the SC forum (linked below) can help get you going with a sample file

https://forums.radioreference.com/south-carolina-radio-discussion-forum/

Mike

DJ11DLN

The OP at some point will want to get a Premium Subscription to be able to import from the RRDB. Money well spent, IMHO.

TAbirdman

Got it , Only cost an extra $90.00 , and about five hours searching the internet . You think to sell more scanners they would make it a little easier .
The "Start Here" guide on step 3 gave you radioreference.com and two software providers to get you going. If you wanted to program it manually whistler has 2 step by step faqs in their support section of their website to go by.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.