Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

puerto0711

Premium Subscriber
I need help step by step. Iam looking to set up my city PD frequencies. I beleive is trunked and Im new to trunking. I have a radio shack pro-163

the Hallandale pd Information is :

DEC : 4208 HEX: 107 Mode: A Alpha Tag 4A

Description South & Pembroke Park (District 1), Hallandale Beach (District 28) Law Dispatch

Your help is appreciated , I have never used a trunk radio

cnmsales

puerto, that info you posted isnt the frequencies for the system, the freqs are listed first in the box with the red. The DEC 4208 is the Talk Group. Think of it like this.

Instead of each department in your city getting there own frequency, they all share one, or in this case several. So instead, each department is assigned there own TALK GROUP. Your PD is assigned to Talk Group 4208. But the system there on has hundreds of talk groups you can monitor.

You may check this link out. I found it very helpful in understanding how trunking works.
Trunking Basics for Newbies

Remember your frequincies are your control channels, with red being the primary(ie main ones used) They are basically used for data and tell all the radios on the system were to go and what to do.

You then have the TALK GROUPS, which is were the actual talking happens. If i were more familiar with your scanner is could give you a step by step walk through of how to program but i dont.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Thread moved

Thread moved to the FL forum. Please don't post scanner related questions in the Commercial Radio/Professional forums.

joe678

puerto, hit program then enter the freq. and hit enter then push the mode key until it shows MO then go up to the next channel and repeat from what I've seen Broward Co. has 15 control channels that you will have to program they can be found on the RR Database the control channels are in red

Last edited:

puerto0711

Premium Subscriber
Thank for your respond

I did what yoy tell me, I have been listening for a while and I have heard HDPD yet. Now I really dont know what happing ..when I press scan the scanner stays serching for the channel and is not giving me feed like before... Iam switching channels manually you may can tell me what is wrong.

joe678

did you set all the freq. for Motorola (MO) if not you need to do so and when you put it on scan there should be a T flashing on the top line

puerto0711

Premium Subscriber
confused

some how is not scaning this bank where I save all the frequncies.

You think you can call me and we can go over the phone 3057989972 thanks

joe678

Make sure the bank is turned on . if its not on that bank number will not be displayed on the top lineit will have a . where the number is supposed to be to turn it on while scanning press that bank number i.e. if its bank 1 press 1 if that doesn't work i'll try to call you later this evening

Status
Not open for further replies.