Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

chewey800

I am following radio traffic on a MVA In Pickaway county OH. Command is marking Medflight on National 8 tac 4. What is this and is it analog or digital and can i follow it on mybc246t. If so where can i find what i need to program it.

Iron Triangle Ohio... otherweise known as Fostoria

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
MA-Interop

I am following radio traffic on a MVA In Pickaway county OH. Command is marking Medflight on National 8 tac 4. What is this and is it analog or digital and can i follow it on mybc246t. If so where can i find what i need to program it.

I suspect what you are hearing is a Interop channel or Mutual Aid. However, you never identified the frequency or talk group. This might help isolate the frequency and/or channel.

Most states have a "common shared" list of frequencies for interoperability. But, I cannot find the one for Ohio.

If you have this statewide system loaded, you might find it here:

Ohio MARCS - Multi-Agency Radio Communications Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

sadman3

Premium Subscriber
i followed that MVA this morning heard that National 8 tac 4 thing dint know what it was never heard anything from EMS to med flight didnt hear anything on MARCS about ether so dont know what it was. most the time they use Safety Forces common to talk to med flight today they was having troubles

ibagli

It's probably 868.0125. It's going to be or has been rebanded to 853.0125, though, so you might also want to check that in the future. There's a table on the wiki that shows the frequencies in question.

Last edited:

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
I believe 8 TAC 4 is 868.0125 (simplex, not trunked).

That is correct and that is where you find them, also in Ohio it is referred to as AIRMED 2.

As agencies reband, the new frequency will be 853.0125 and is called 8 TAC 94.
You can find these frequencies listed in the nationwide section and the wiki.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
That is correct and that is where you find them, also in Ohio it is referred to as AIRMED 2.

As agencies reband, the new frequency will be 853.0125 and is called 8 TAC 94.
You can find these frequencies listed in the nationwide section and the wiki.

Correct; they were using ITAC4. I monitored from work...

Status
Not open for further replies.