Need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

corkysullivan

Premium Subscriber
I am an old new scanner person. I need help. I have 2 Radio Shack scanners, Pro-137 & Pro-404. Both are from different areas & I want to program them with my computer for the DFW area. I have suscribed to Radio Reference & purchased Scancat Lite from Shreveport, LA. I am frustrated trying to use these & neither scanner is programmed yet. Thank you,

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I am an old new scanner person. I need help. I have 2 Radio Shack scanners, Pro-137 & Pro-404. Both are from different areas & I want to program them with my computer for the DFW area. I have suscribed to Radio Reference & purchased Scancat Lite from Shreveport, LA. I am frustrated trying to use these & neither scanner is programmed yet. Thank you,
Hi Corky
Unfortunately, neither of those two scanners is a "trunking" scanner, and neither is digital.

Your location indicates Plano. They are on this system, which is a digital trunked system:
Plano, Allen, Wylie, Murphy (PAWM) P25 Trunking System, Plano/Allen, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

I've never used Scancat, but it's not configured to do direct imports from RadioReference from what I understand. PSREdit100 will, but that would only program the Pro-404.

The Pro-404 does not cover the 800MHz band, so you would be limited to Vhf-high and Uhf conventional channels such as Dallas PD/FD, and Rockwall S.O. Most everything of consequence in Collin County is on a trunked system, with only a few fire paging frequencies, among others, that you could get. Aircraft & businesses are other things that you can receive.

For the Pro-137, the situation is much the same. While is does receive 800MHz, it is not a trunking scanner nor digital. You could program in the voice frequencies of the Collin County system, and try to listen conventionally, but you'd have no control over what came up. It would simply stop on whoever was talking, whether police, fire, road crews, whatever. Besides Plano, Frisco & McKinney are also on digital trunked systems. So is Prosper.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Status
Not open for further replies.