need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallascowboys

I just bought the radio shack scanner programming, I have read all the wikis and still do not understand how to use this or if I should use this. In some of the wikis they said it messed up there scanners and they could not set it back to factory, some say this is a very hard software to use. I would also like to know what cable to use, I have a long cable and a short cable. Some in the wiki say use both, while others say you only need one, so which is it? and which one to I need? Also I seen in the wikis the differant programs you can download, which program is best to use for the radio shack pro 164?

Thank you

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
PRO-164 / PSR-300 programming

The cable you need for that scanner is available at Radio Shack for ~$35. It is USB on the PC end and plugs into the PC/IF jack on the scanner. There was an older version that also works, 20-047, that you might find used or online.

There are several programs available to program that scanner. Personally I use WIN97 because I have several models of scanners and the various WINxx programs for them. I feel the software is fairly easy to use. There is more information here on the software and cables.

The correct cable will have a "stereo" plug on the scanner end. Do NOT use the short pigtail that comes with some cables.

dallascowboys

need to know

I put the cd into my computer, but it says I have to buy this product after one week, is this true and if so is there a place I can go to get free downloads? Also when I bought my software I recieved two cables a long cable and a short cable, if I understand you say NOT TO USE THE SHORT CABLE

Status
Not open for further replies.