Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimberson

Premium Subscriber
Anyone have a current west-north county freescan file

An hour? ago there was a break in, across the street, scanner was on, I was getting gas.

It's really odd, no cars at night, very quiet!

Kimberson

Premium Subscriber
I only need, if possible stl city/metro freqs for now, I can't imagine this going on for much longer

Ty

teufler

do you have a digital trunking scanner? What I have found ids a combination of analog coventional channels, trunking analog and digital trunking. so what type of scanner do you have and we can go from there.

Kimberson

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I have a 396xt, old systems worked well. I focused my efforts on job related things and neglected scanning for a while. The infrastructure has changed so much in the past year, aside from a few 2m analogue freqs and the occasional apco phase 1 UHF channel, the scanner goes through all my old systems both analogue and digital, many full signal, but no receive. As I said before, for now programming the whole state/moswin etc. system isn't important. Please understand I live in stl county unincorporated with Creve Coeur,
Chesterfield and Maryland H. being the big munis surround my location. County PD seems so busy (as well as all PDs), for good reason, but- as I said before, I was at the gas station when a retail store was robbed (1/8th mile away, very close) and today also very close, apparently my mothers bank, a grocery store and an auto-parts store were robbed. These places are in munis with big departments. It's a highly unlikely, anything would happen "here", but then again, I was in a parking lot when a store nearby was robbed. In simple terms, if something were to happen, I think the county pd given the mess up north, would have their hands full, unable to respond in my area.

The systems which would be best for knowing of possible dangerous things near/around my area, are again, what I need.

Thanks

Kimberson

Premium Subscriber
Forgot to mention. I've programmed systems into the 396xt via freescan (I have arc xt pro too) via RR database. Ive been doing something wrong (for a long time), because it doesn't work well- it wasn't until a year or so ago a member sent me a freescan file- it was like I forgot to turn the scanner on!

I ordered the easier to read xt manual, and the mini reference card, but still have some problems. A lot of that had to do with an on going problem I was having with the mag mounts I was using. Tried 3 different kinds of coax, had another MM sent to me from SMasters, and in the end, a cheap 15$ 2m/70cm worked better than my 150$ antenna mess. I got a 2 meter active intermod-filter, to see if the rf-busy area I'm in was part of the problem. Doesn't seem to be.

The 436 having 2 different IF routes for "real" NFM and the others seems worth the price. It's very disappointing that for a small increase in cost, they skimped out with the xt models.

All this is still new for me, but I did get the xt in lieu of the hp-1 as it would force me to learn. In a situation like now, I feel a bit stupid for not having adequate knowledge using the scanner when I need it the most!

Status
Not open for further replies.