WS1040: Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky1969

Premium Subscriber
I am in Montgomery CO KS and one of the Trunk Systems here is Actions Communications. The type is NXDN NEXEDGE 9600. I programmed everything in using Arc500 but there aren't any frequencies showing up when I go to the TSYS under pgm on the radio for that trunk system. Also the type is set for MOT 800/900. If I read the RRR correctly it is showing NXDN NEXEDGE 9600 as the type but I am not seeing it is not an option when I go to the Action Comm trunk system (which the software programmed in) in the WS1040 scanner. Any help wound be much appreciated!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I am in Montgomery CO KS and one of the Trunk Systems here is Actions Communications. The type is NXDN NEXEDGE 9600. I programmed everything in using Arc500 but there aren't any frequencies showing up when I go to the TSYS under pgm on the radio for that trunk system. Also the type is set for MOT 800/900. If I read the RRR correctly it is showing NXDN NEXEDGE 9600 as the type but I am not seeing it is not an option when I go to the Action Comm trunk system (which the software programmed in) in the WS1040 scanner. Any help wound be much appreciated!
The WS1040 will not monitor a NXDN system, nor will it handle a DMR (MotoTRBO) system. It does not have the internal hardware needed, and there is no firmware update that could change that.

The only current scanners capable of monitoring NXDN are Whistlers TRX-1 & TRX-2. You should be able to monitor by using your PC, an SDR dongle, and software, but not with your WS1040. I'll defer comments on using SDR to someone with experience using it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.