Need information on a frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAA9595

151.895 is the Osage County Sheriffs Office car to car frequency (C). It is also being used by a Claremore company that is interupting the Osage deputies.

Last edited:

car2back

Are you asking if it's interupting them? I don't see why it would I doubt the mobile units could even hear a simplex transmision from Claremore, maybe dispatch could but they don't monitor the car to car freq. I am sure the bleedover on the repeater coming from somewhere in missouri would be a much greater problem.

I have been monitoring 155.715 at night on the console at Skiatook PD and hearing McCalster PD & Adair Co really clear... Also been hearing "Tallahassee Fire" being toned out on 155.490 (God knows where that is coming from :confused: )

Last edited:

n4voxgill

Silent Key
This is one of those interesting cases. First 151.895 is not a public safety frequency, it is assigned to business radio. A waiver could be requested to use the frequency, but the business coordinator usually will not agree.

Second, a check of the FCC records do not show any license for this frequency issued to Osage County. There could be an error in the FCC data base, but if it is an error a correction should be made or the county can be fined and ordered to stop using the frequency.

Of course there is also the possibility that the county never had a license and just started using it. That is a serious violation and can result in big fines. The sheriff's office has no more right to use an unlicensed fequency than a business like Joe's Plumbing.

If the county does have a license for the frequency, the first step to correct the problem would be changing the PL and see if that corrects the problem. If they don't have a license they had better not ask the FCC for help.

This is also a case where the data base administrator should determine the validity of the entry for 151.895 by Osage County.

Last edited:

car2back

n4voxgill said:
This is also a case where the data base administrator should determine the validity of the entry for 151.895 by Osage County.

Evidently, there have been some people here that have heard OCSO units on that freq; I hear them all the time saying "switch to C" but they have never been close enough for me to hear them on it (Osage Co is pretty big, for those of you in TX).

JASII

Memory Capacity
I think law enforcement is allowed to use 5-watts or less on various frequencies legal, unlicensed on a non-interference basis. I do not recall where I read that though.

n4voxgill

Silent Key
FCC rule 90.20 provides that police may use frequencies designated PP in the coordinator column only while conducting surveilance or stakeouts, power is limited to watts. If a
non-PP frequency is used, the police agency must file a request with the appropriate coordinator and get authorization.

In the case of 151.895 they would have to coordinate with the business band coordinator and use less than 2 watts and can only be used while actually surveilling a scene.

I seriously doubt if that is the case, they are just plain breaking the law.

OkRob

phil_smith said:
Also been hearing "Tallahassee Fire" being toned out on 155.490 (God knows where that is coming from :confused: )

Phil... that is most likely the Tullahassee that is north of Muskogee that you're hearing on 490. I'm not sure of that, but it would be my first guess.

- Rob

Last edited:

KOK5CY

Ok that county out of MO using OCSO Repeater is jasper co so . i've heard them on a base scanner with a in-door antenna . Also heard them on a mobile maxtrac 16 ch . That MO repeater is high power and more than likely on a hill . I'm not sure tho but that's my best guess . On 155.490 there are a few station that can be heard that are way off in the distance . If i recall 1 was down near the TX and OK line and another was out in the pan handle . If condition's are good 490 can be heard from any where . There been times i've heard ponca city pd on 490 way over in bartlesville on a in-door antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.