• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Need Mic wiring for Fanon Convoy PLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retroradio

I have a Fanon Convoy PLL.
I need to run a new cord. So does anybody have the pinouts for this model ( They varied as far as I can tell in this line) and which prong on the PTT switch Pins I,2,,3,4 go to.
Thanks

P.S. Yes I know this an old radio....lol

Retroradio

This radio is the 40 channel version of the 330PLL at least facep[late wise if that helps anybody with a suggestion for my inquiry above.

KANE4109

I just looked on the list of SAMS Photofacts for Fanon and don't see a named model like that. Is there any chance that there is a tag on the bag with a model name other than Convoy?

KANE4109

Okay, I'm probably not going to be any help. I have access to a listing of all SAMS CB Photofacts plus have looked in Cbtricks and the only model name I have seen is Fanfare and the rest are all a single letter and numbers.

Retroradio

Okay, I'm probably not going to be any help. I have access to a listing of all SAMS CB Photofacts plus have looked in Cbtricks and the only model name I have seen is Fanfare and the rest are all a single letter and numbers.

Thanks for looking. I looked at multiple wiring sites and couldn’t find it either. Its a mystery. Maybe I should post a picture of it...

KANE4109

Let me try it this way,
Is your microphone 4 pin? 5 pin? Regular type microphone connector (Cobra/Midland.... etc) or a DIN plug???
I haven't seen manufacturers wander around TOO wildly.......

Retroradio

4 pin regular Cobra type.
Yeah, an aside lately Ive been researching a lot of the older (my preference CB‘s) and Have been surprised how many are rebranded with a different name etc... I did not find anything other than the Fanon 330 that looked similar.

Retroradio

So I picked USA Fanon 330 ( looks identical but a 23 Ch) and the microphone that came with it was dead on both radios...The quest continues for a mic that works .

KANE4109

I scoured every resource I could find. I came up with ONE wiring diagram for a Fannon with a 4 pin normal plug. I am hoping that you might have a test light, or maybe a meter and can test one of your microphones against this and see if it is a match.

1 - RX
2 - Mic Audio
3 - TX
4 - Shield/Gnd

Let me know if you have a meter and maybe we can get something going here.

Status
Not open for further replies.