Need military frequencies for my area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ki8dr

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know of fun military frequencies to monitor around Cleveland, Ohio area?
I'm using a Uniden BCD436HP with outdoor ground plane.
Thanks in advance.

RakkFO

Premium Subscriber
Military is a vast term, you search the database and wiki?

KC8ESL

Premium Subscriber
There's not much going on around here in Cleveland. At the very least, find the freqs for AR-217, 218, 219, 220. AR-220 flies directly over my head and it is used from time to time. NORAD Huntress and STRATCOM(311.0) are fairly active as well. Take the word "active" with a grain of salt.

Get used to a ton of nothing then 3 seconds of awesome, followed by another TON of nothing.

We definetely aren't in Lake Havasu, that is for sure.

Equally fun... Home - Serving the Flight Tracking Enthusiast - ADS-B Exchange lets you filter to only seeing military air traffic. Mostly C5, C17, various tankers, and T38 talons. Other stuff does appear but this is the lion's share of the activity. Look out west and you might see some JANET flights. Point is, use this as a reference that there might be MilAir activity in our area. One thing that will not appear in ADS-B is the 180th FW (F-16's) out of Toledo. They are active and fly often. Most of the activity I can hear from them is on AUX 6 but they do use everything from time to time. No rhyme or reason for changing freqs. Any Combat Air Patrol (labeled as CAP in mil-air band, not to be confused with Civil Air Patrol) aircraft will NOT be seen on ADS-B as well.

I ALWAYS have Snow Birds, Blue Angels, and Thunderbirds in my scan list for Mil Air. Even if they're performing somewhere else there might be another aircraft out there prepping for future dates. Also keep the F-35 demo frequencies in your list as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.