need more volume from gqrx

Status
Not open for further replies.

geraldw3210

Hello there

im running gqrx from my linux laptop with a RTL-SDR dongle, runs fine i like it but i need more volume.
My LT volume is maxed out and i cant find any volume settings in gqrx. any suggestions????

tia

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Look at the gain setting on the audio panel...that's the volume if you haven't discovered it yet.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
There is another gain setting which is the gain you were thinking of on the panel (and one of the tabs) above.

br0adband

If you're using Linux there's a good chance it's using Pulse audio which supports over-amplification meaning if you open the Sound Mixer (right click on the volume icon) the slider for main volume should support more than 100% - you may have to check off a checkbox to enable that capability but it can dramatically increase the audio level.

I have an older Dell Latitude laptop that, under Windows, barely does much of anything for audio in Windows but if I run a Linux distro on it boy that over 100% setting makes a huge difference for the internal speaker output (which also feeds an external speaker circuit if so desired).

geraldw3210

If you're using Linux there's a good chance it's using Pulse audio which supports over-amplification meaning if you open the Sound Mixer (right click on the volume icon) the slider for main volume should support more than 100% - you may have to check off a checkbox to enable that capability but it can dramatically increase the audio level.

I have an older Dell Latitude laptop that, under Windows, barely does much of anything for audio in Windows but if I run a Linux distro on it boy that over 100% setting makes a huge difference for the internal speaker output (which also feeds an external speaker circuit if so desired).

hi yeah i already had my mixer maxed out on volume for gqrx, it was the gain that was what i needed too get things up in volume. things are working fine now.

thanks for all the help

now too find freqs. here in lower bucks pa. too scaan

Status
Not open for further replies.