• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Need Motorola PM400 Code Plug

Status
Not open for further replies.

n7rnq

Just purchased the new Motorola PM400 radio and need a code plug for amateur bands and fire departments. Anyone have a code plug they can share with me?
Thank you!

N2AL

A CP for fire departments and amateur bands? That varies literally from county to county across the United States. You would have to find someone close to the location in question, and see if they have a CP.

What other information can you provide?

n7rnq

Sorry...I should of put in Suffolk County, NY UHF Amateur band repeaters only. I do not need the Fire Departments.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Just purchased the new Motorola PM400 radio and need a code plug for amateur bands and fire departments. Anyone have a code plug they can share with me?

Thank you!

Do you have the proper software and cable for programming the PM400?

If so, why not add the channels yourself?

N2AL

Sorry...I should of put in Suffolk County, NY UHF Amateur band repeaters only. I do not need the Fire Departments.

Do you have the proper software and cable for programming the PM400?

If so, why not add the channels yourself?

If you have the ability to program the radio, here is a link to the Suffolk County, NY Amateur Radio repeaters. This was found on RR.com. You can program these into your radio.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1876&tab=ham

n7rnq

Yes, I have the correct cable and software. I have programmed some of the frequencies, but I'm not certain if I programmed the correctly. That is why I thought a code plug might help.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
You might also find some useful information at RepeaterBook.com

As for code plugs, why limit yourself to just the PM400? The CP200, CP200XLS, PR400, CM200, & CM300 all use same CPS. While you can't program your PM400 with a codeplug from any of the others, you can load them into the CPS and study them.

Frankly, trying to find a codeplug with frequencies you might want is not the best way to find frequency info. You are much better off with RR, repeaterbook, and websites for ham clubs in your area. They all will have accurate info. And a big bonus is that you will gain proficiency in programming by writing and then improving your own codeplugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.