Need new frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

naa674

Greetings,

Our Sheriff’s dept. (Harper County Kansas) and Anthony Kansas fire dept. have gone to 800mhz trunk tracking ?. Can you please help me figure out how to find it and put it in your updated trunk tracking section.

I know they got new radios, they are acting like it is a big secret and not letting anyone know anything about this. Thanks

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Have you checked the FCC licenses for your area, searching for control and/or voice channels might help, reaching out to people in the Kansas Forum or scanner clubs might help. Did they opt to join a statewide system?

Last edited:

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
public safety agencies rarely issue press releases or otherwise announce radio frequency information. operating frequencies, tones, codes and the like are almost always searched for and by hobbyists like us.

nd5y

N8IAA

Greetings,

Our Sheriff’s dept. (Harper County Kansas) and Anthony Kansas fire dept. have gone to 800mhz trunk tracking ?. Can you please help me figure out how to find it and put it in your updated trunk tracking section.

I know they got new radios, they are acting like it is a big secret and not letting anyone know anything about this. Thanks

Do you still hear them on their old frequencies?? Is there a digital noise on their old frequencies??

Were you told they went to 800 MHz, and trunking?? Or, is this just your guess.

As ecps92 posted, put your scanner into Search mode and find the channels yourself.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Honestly I can't name one single agency who lets the public know their frequencies or operating modes. Every once in a while a fire company will post frequencies on their website but this is rare. Radioreference relies on user submissions to keep the databases updated

naa674

Do you still hear them on their old frequencies?? Is there a digital noise on their old frequencies??

Were you told they went to 800 MHz, and trunking?? Or, is this just your guess.

As ecps92 posted, put your scanner into Search mode and find the channels yourself.
Still hear dispatch is all, Just my guess on 800 MHz. not sure if it is trunking or not

nd5y

If they aren't on the state trunked system then compare the conventional frequencies in the database with FCC licenses.
Maybe they are using something that was never submitted to the database.

If you are using PL decode then turn it off and see what you hear. They could have changed tones or changed to digital on existing frequencies.

If they bought a lot of new equipment somebody had to approve it. Check your city and county web sites for meeting agendas, minutes and bids.

Fireattack484

Feed Provider
Harper County is utilizing KSICS. The database has been updated with their talk groups. They are simulcasting LE Dispatch on the conventional UHF frequency, with field units operating on 800 MHz. They are simulcasting EMS Dispatch on 800 MHz, but field units are still on UHF. Anthony fire has acquired 800 MHz radios, but Harper and Attica Fire have no plans to migrate to 800 due to very poor in-building coverage. (There is no KSICS tower in Harper County - they rely on Mayfield and Sharon sites). There are no plans to add additional sites in HP Co due to the expense (aprox $500K per site). There has been “talk” of deploying conventional 800 MHz repeaters and linking them to single KSICS talk groups, but I personally question if the state would allow it. So for the foreseeable future, it’s going to be a mixed bag of KSICS and legacy UHF. Personally, I’m not sure why anyone thought this was a good strategy. The county (which is notoriously cheap) will never fund the necessary equipment to do this the right way. And the 50/50 plan is simply defeating any purpose of going to 800 MHz (eg interoperability), so they essentially took a situation that was not too bad and made it worse.

naa674

Harper County is utilizing KSICS. The database has been updated with their talk groups. They are simulcasting LE Dispatch on the conventional UHF frequency, with field units operating on 800 MHz. They are simulcasting EMS Dispatch on 800 MHz, but field units are still on UHF. Anthony fire has acquired 800 MHz radios, but Harper and Attica Fire have no plans to migrate to 800 due to very poor in-building coverage. (There is no KSICS tower in Harper County - they rely on Mayfield and Sharon sites). There are no plans to add additional sites in HP Co due to the expense (aprox $500K per site). There has been “talk” of deploying conventional 800 MHz repeaters and linking them to single KSICS talk groups, but I personally question if the state would allow it. So for the foreseeable future, it’s going to be a mixed bag of KSICS and legacy UHF. Personally, I’m not sure why anyone thought this was a good strategy. The county (which is notoriously cheap) will never fund the necessary equipment to do this the right way. And the 50/50 plan is simply defeating any purpose of going to 800 MHz (eg interoperability), so they essentially took a situation that was not too bad and made it worse.
Thank You for pointing out the mayfield site, been trying to manualy program my BCD396T and not been picking anything up. Will try with the mayfield site and see what happens. Once again, Thanks

scannerprogrammingofLvKs

Premium Subscriber
I think this is what you are looking for in Harper County =

[/QUOTE]
Harper County Talkgroups
NextLevel.gif

DEC HEX Mode Alpha TagDescriptionTag
2659a63DHarperCounty LawCounty Law Enforcement Dispatch Law Dispatch
2663a67DHarperCo SO Tac1Sheriff Tac 1 Law Tac
2664a68DHarperCo SO Tac2Sheriff Tac 2 Law Tac
2661a65DHarper Co FireCounty Fire Dispatch Fire Dispatch
2660a64DHarper Co EMSEMS Dispatch EMS Dispatch
2662a66DHarper Co RoadsHighway Maintenance Public Works

tvengr

Well Known Member
Being that the 396T will only do a single site per system, I would set up 2 systems with identical talkgroups, one with the Sharon/Barber site and the other with the Mayfield/Sumner site. You can assign a quick key to each system and easily select the one that works best. If you have a usable signal on both, scanning both systems may give you better coverage of the county.

Jimbnks

Premium Subscriber
Being that the 396T will only do a single site per system, I would set up 2 systems with identical talkgroups, one with the Sharon/Barber site and the other with the Mayfield/Sumner site. You can assign a quick key to each system and easily select the one that works best. If you have a usable signal on both, scanning both systems may give you better coverage of the county.

Another posable work-around that could work is to put both tower frequencies under one site name.

I’ve done that using sentinel software in both, my HP-1 and my 436, and it works flawlessly for me.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I helped a firefighter whose 396T did not work. I found that he had 2 control channel frequencies for 2 different sites in the single site. It received OK after removing one of the control channel frequencies. You should not have more than one control channel frequency and its alternate frequencies per site.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.