Need New NMO Mounts for a 2008 Tahoe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
n8emr said:
Where do you live, Its usually $30-$50 per hole in my area.

There is the punchline, do we want to hear the joke? :lol:

Yeah, $750 means they really don't want to do it and were quoting you to make you go away.

TedWCM

pricing

Grog checked 2 places and both stated they had to drop the roof liner and would take about 6 to 8 hours and @ 85.00 you do the Math

Grog

Banned
TedWCM said:
Grog checked 2 places and both stated they had to drop the roof liner and would take about 6 to 8 hours and @ 85.00 you do the Math

I've seen guys in the garage at work install two NMOs in various fullsize trucks and it takes very little time, sorry that you live somewhere where the people think so highly of themselves. Then again, I'm not sure I would want to let someone install some NMOs if he says it takes six hours :lol:

ScanDaBands

Banned
TedWCM said:
I am in Putnam county, would love to find a shop for 50.00 per hole ,

Too bad you guys aren't my way - I'd do it anyday for $30 per hole and I have the PROPER HOLESAW and "guide rod" to snake the coax through the roof liner and so on and so on.........................:D

six hours ------- ha ha ha ha okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :lol:

rgv_tech

LRGV Radio Tech.
Database Admin
Lol

Dropping the headliner is not needed. only an inexperianced tech would think so, or a scam artist. Once the 3/4" hole is drilled through the roof, remove the seal/gasket that out lines your door. don't worry it goes back on as easy as it came off. you only need to remove the section that is nearest the headliner. once this is done then you can either have some one pull the liner down just enough to see the roof or use a piece of wood to hold the seperation open. then start feeding your coax through the hole, towards the opening wher you want the cable to come out. the rest of the instalation is a snap. and think about how much money you can save by doing it yourself. I will try to get some photos of how it is done and post them.

Valley Radio Center
Pat Patterson
Service Shop Manager

If you have Technical questions ask me and I'll do my best to lead you in the right direction.

n8emr

TedWCM said:
I am in Putnam county, would love to find a shop for 50.00 per hole ,
I had two shops quote me $150 for 3 holes and coax routed down the pillar over in Marion county. I had a "stereo" shop quote $100 for the same work but I would provide the antenna X drill bit to do the holes.

TedWCM

Antenna's Finally Installed

Finally found a shop to install my antennas,

Had them install a new NMO and with Low-band antenna for my Converta-Com (Motorola)

Also installed a NMO for my scanner antenna (using a Spectra-Austin Antenna)

Followed the advice here from the member and had them drill the holes on the roof, Super great reception

Today I actaully had my Fire Pager tone out 75 miles away from home area

Just wanted to say thanks,

I greatly recommend the Spectra-Austin antenna for Multi-Band reception

Grog

Banned
You are now required to post pics, or we will follow you and tickle you until you pee all over yourself.

af5rn

Yeah, it don't get no better than hole-mounted antennas on the roof. Add the highest quality antennas to that equation, and you have a combination that cannot be beat.

The good thing about tall SUVs like the Tahoe is that plugged holes aren't readily visible, come resale time. There's really very little reason not do do it.

Definitely let us see! Let us see the interior installation too! My next car is going to be a Tahoe, and I want to see how it worked out for you.

fyrefyter14

I have a 2009 Tahoe LT1 with 2 radios mounted. I had a radio shop mount both radios and supplied all items. Cost me $135 and took less than 3 hours from drop off to pick up. You can never tell the headliner was moved and the antennas work wonderfully. I have a Diamond 7900 2m / 70cm high gain and a 1/4 wave VHF mounted center line. The center console was a lifesaver on mounting the radios. Will attach pic of antenna mount later.

Attachments

• Tahoe Console.jpg
    Tahoe Console.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 266
Status
Not open for further replies.