Need new scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristine

My scanner has stopped picking up dispatches from Ramsey County Sheriff and White Bear Lake Police, which have switched over to 800 megahertz. I have a RadioShack PRO-2052 dual-trunking scanner that's only about a year old. Do I need to get a new one? If so, any recommendations. If not, anyone know the new frequencies? Thanks.

Last edited:

hoser147

Welcome to RR. From looking at the database they changed to a P-25 system, if it were just 800mhz your 2052 would be able to monitor them. From the database http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1371 and as it states in the database, "A good portion of Ramsey Co. Operations is now on the Statewide Armer System" So I believe you may want to start looking at Digital Scanners, your 2052 shouldnt be that hard to get rid of. Sorry I know thats not what you wanted to hear. As far as Digitals go GRE, Uniden, both make fine scanners, you can read up on them in previous threads on here or in the Wiki........Hoser

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
Yeah you will need a digital scanner to hear Ramsey county. They have switched over to the ARMER system along with the rest of the metro except Washington and Scott Counties. Last I knew, White Bear Lake had not switched yet but had plans to do so by the end of the year so they may have switched. You can still hear most fire dispatch channels with your old scanner though. Even though they have switched to digital radios, they are still simulcast on the old frequencies for their pagers.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
Ramsey County switched last year. WBL is in the process of changing. They've been simulcasting on both Analog and Digital recently. The simple answer, yes you will need a new scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.