Need new scanner..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon1985

I have a Uniden Bearcat BC80XLT. I have recently discovered that it no longer picks up all the channels that it used to, Due to the whole trunking and digital thing. So I am in the market for a new one. Not looking for the best money can buy, just something similar to my old one but a base station type and I want it to pick up all Marion Police, Sheriff, Fire, Rescue, O.S.P. and the like. Suggestions? Where to buy? Prices?

northernsummit

Feed Provider
I have a Uniden Bearcat BC80XLT. I have recently discovered that it no longer picks up all the channels that it used to, Due to the whole trunking and digital thing. So I am in the market for a new one. Not looking for the best money can buy, just something similar to my old one but a base station type and I want it to pick up all Marion Police, Sheriff, Fire, Rescue, O.S.P. and the like. Suggestions? Where to buy? Prices?

If you're looking to go inexpensive you can buy a used 996T, 996XT, 996P2 or eBay or HP2 as W8RMH says. You don't have to dump $400+ into the latest and greatest Phase II capable radio.

jasonhouk

Check out Servex Electronics. I custom program all his scanners (Uniden 325P2 portable or 996P2 desktop/mobile) for each customer. He also has a lay-away plan.

J

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Did you get a new scanner OP? Or did you hit the forum with a 1 one post and quit? lol.

Brandon1985

Sorry for the delayed response. No I have not bought one yet. I have been listening on brodcastify. And waiting to save the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.