Need NF frequencies if ya got em!

Status
Not open for further replies.

k7wcb

Premium Subscriber
This summer I will be spending a week in the Baker Ranger District (Anthony Lakes Area) of the Wallowa-Whitman National Forest and a week all over the Umatilla National Forest. I've checked the database and exhausted my net searching capabilites and have had no luck. Any frequencies you have would be great! Thanks!

Otto

I could use some FS frequencies as well. Especially around Mt. Hood, and GPNF would be great. I spend a lot of time hiking and climbing "The guardians of the Columbia" (Hood, St. Helens, Adams) and I sometimes bring along my 2M radio that can RX a lot of VHF stuff, so it would be neat.

silverspy

USFS Radio frequencies

Actually, it's not really a secret, but I'm not sure about the accuracy of the information. Region 6, which consists of all the forests in Washington and Oregon, recently changed their frequency plan. Some frequencies were left intact, but inputs changed and some forests and BLM units went to completely different frequencies, some of which I am still trying to determine. Some forests, like the Fremont-Winema, instead of having a forest net with eight repeaters, went to a system where they are using only two repeaters to a frequency and have a total of six frequencies for forest, instead of two forest nets. A lot of the info that I have is outdated. I did notice, though, that there are frequencies for the Mt. Hood NF in the database.

Otto

I did notice, though, that there are frequencies for the Mt. Hood NF in the database.

Yeah, I have those already in my HT, yet I never hear any traffic on them. And this is when I am monitoring in the Mt. Hood NF. I suspect that the LE Rangers are using County Radios for their regular traffic. (Clackamas/HoodRiver/Moulnomah)

Status
Not open for further replies.