• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Need Opinons on Installing

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioGuy3007

Database Admin
Hey Everyone,
I just got a new 2020 Dodge Ram 1500 Warlock on a lease. I want to put in a mobile unit with out causing any permanent affects. There is room under the back seats where a radio could go. However I would need to install it into a plastic holder of some sort for it to stay put. I was thinking of using a remote head or removing the stock drawer in the console. Im also needing help with antenna placement. Any suggestions on firewall acess. I have included pictures of the interior from the website. My truck has a full display for the entertainment system. I thought about using a ram seat mount as well.for the radio head. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 2019 Ram 1500 Classic Warlock Front Interior Detail.jpg
    2019 Ram 1500 Classic Warlock Front Interior Detail.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 2021-Ram-1500-Warlock-Interior.jpg
    2021-Ram-1500-Warlock-Interior.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 66

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Honestly this will depend on which radio you're installing...I would think you could get something like a ProClip or Panavise mount to mount the head to and the radio body can always go under a seat with no issues. But knowing which radio you plan to install might help guide the suggestions, too.

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
It looks like a Standard DIN-E will fit up under the dash nicely. BCT15X, BCD996P2, BCD536HP, or a held held BCD325P2, BCD436HP on the ProClip route on the right side of the radio. I attached a pic.

Attachments

• 2019 Ram 1500 Classic Warlock Front Interior Detail.jpg
    2019 Ram 1500 Classic Warlock Front Interior Detail.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 64

Mr_Boh

A lot of this would depend on budget. There are actually some consoles that do not require any permanent modification as they use the seat bolts for mounting, but would require temporary removing the center console there now. That would be my preference personally since if you set yourself up, you can always add to the collection as one in this hobby typically does.

I have also done a lot of mounts where that little pen tray is above the radio. There are MANY companies making products that leverage that space for mounting various things, such as a RAM ball mount, which then can go to an arm for a phone mount, scanner mount, etc.

I guess a lot of it depends on budget.

RadioGuy3007

Database Admin
Thank you everyone for the reply. I am looking into adding a Motorola XTL

RadioGuy3007

Database Admin
It looks like a Standard DIN-E will fit up under the dash nicely. BCT15X, BCD996P2, BCD536HP, or a held held BCD325P2, BCD436HP on the ProClip route on the right side of the radio. I attached a pic.

What do you mean by Din-E?

jim202

Thank you everyone for the reply. I am looking into adding a Motorola XTL

It would also depend on which control head you will be using. Radio could go under the rear seat if it is a trunk mount on a piece of plywood. Speaker can go under the front seat.

Mr_Boh

What do you mean by Din-E?
DIN-E is a size measurement. For the most part Uniden BCD996T,XT,P2 and BCD536HP (and analog counterparts) use this form factor. It's a more specific sizing standard than "Single DIN" which is what most people call this size. Most older aftermarket car stereos are "DIN Size" or "Single DIN". Hence why (depending on existing mounting location) you could throw a scanner in place of a car stereo (or take a "Double DIN" and put both a Uniden Scanner and Single DIN car stereo in the existing location.

Status
Not open for further replies.