need pic of 436hp cable please

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwier

Not all standard to mini plugs will work. Some are for power only. They frequently come with non-data devices (regular battery chargers, e-cigs, etc.) To the best of my knowledge, you can't easily tall the difference without out using them. Over time, I've managed to mark mine.

Well, I have a half dozen readily available (means at least a dozen more SOMEWHERE in the house or tool rooms, lol) and I never ran into one that was "power only".

As to the OP's question: "Picture" this in your mind's eye. One end of the cable is the standard USB plug that goes into a computer or charging device. The OTHER end is the ONLY USB cable in those piles of cables (spaghetti) that has a small SHINEY METAL tip. All the others in my piles have black rubber/plastic tips. Look for that small shiney metal tip, it will seem to jump into your hand right out of that cable pile.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
USB standard, micro, and mini plugs all have shiny metal tips, so that's not very useful.

marksmith

It has the mini B which is a little wider than the one you use to charge your phone, but same overall size.

As someone mentioned, if you have a Garmin GPS, it uses the same cable, and since those also are upgraded/connect to computer, they have the communication capability, and not just charging/power.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I have to believe that non-data mini-USB plugs are cheaper to manufacture. If someone is selling the cord/plug to go with a charger, they don't care whether it will handle data or not. And, certainly once it's out the door, the dealer couldn't care less.

Ubbe

It's not cheaper to make two different types of a cable. All USB cables I have seen and used have all 4 pins connected.

/Ubbe

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
If you're making a million cables and you only put two wires in them instead of four, it should be cheaper. In any event, I have cables that are power only and not capable of handling data.

marksmith

I have also had both data/power and power only cables. The power only ones tend to be cheaply made, and often, short.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

Status
Not open for further replies.