Need program software for win 10 - for R Shack PRO-92 orig model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mongoosmike

Good afternoon. I have been looking for programming software that will work on Windows 10, for my older Radio Shack PR0-92, original, not A or B model, software ver 1.00. I ordered a Radio Shack GRE Whistler FTDI USB scanner programming cable, 20-546, which came with the additional, adapter, which I was told I would not need to use. I will also need to find a database that has a complete listing of frequencies. I have read about Pro-95, tk92, and Arc software, but wonder if there might be something else available that will work. I appreciate any help that anyone can advise me about this. Hopefully it won't be too much more complicated that turning the dials on my old, long gone Yaesu FT-101B. ☺
As side note, if allowed, my email is mongoosmike2000@yahoo.com Pacific/SF, West Bay area

Mongoosmike

Try Win92, its free
Thank you for the reply and info Les. I was asking if the Win 92 would work with windows 10, as some of the earlier software doesn't and I have never used any earlier software from any previous computers on the newer Windows versions. I also read that some were having problems with the software although they didn't mention Win 10 in any comments that I saw. The software and the various cables were another issue, and again, no recent windows ver were mentioned, just Win 95 and Win 7.
I would like to find info on how to use the software as well, showing how to set up the ports with the USB cable and programming the scanner. Some were having problems with different cables working/not working as well as stories that the software also wasn't working or not selecting ports in some cases. I am totally working blind with this project of programming project. Thank you very much for your info and hopefully you might be able to help further or possibly lead me to some helpful resources.
Take care and stay safe and well.

Mongoosmike

Hi Les,
I managed to download and try the software and it seems to be ok, with the menu options but when I look at the com port in devicem manager it says that FTDI is showing on port 4, but when I connected the scanner with cable and turned on, it was showing clone mode, but when I go in software and try and send info to the computer, it says it doesnt see the com port 4. So I will keep playing around with the port a little and I see there is a driver paage gor FTDI but I will not install that unill I hear from you at least so I don't mess the computer up. Thank you for your help and sorry to bother you, but its the weekend so have a good day and hopefully hear from you around Monday. Stay safe and well.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
I am using my original Butel software for a couple of scanners, but drivers are an issue in some cases. To my knowledge, there is no Windows 92. Win 3.1 came out in 1992

LesWurk

Hi Les,
I managed to download and try the software and it seems to be ok, with the menu options but when I look at the com port in devicem manager it says that FTDI is showing on port 4, but when I connected the scanner with cable and turned on, it was showing clone mode, but when I go in software and try and send info to the computer, it says it doesnt see the com port 4. So I will keep playing around with the port a little and I see there is a driver paage gor FTDI but I will not install that unill I hear from you at least so I don't mess the computer up. Thank you for your help and sorry to bother you, but its the weekend so have a good day and hopefully hear from you around Monday. Stay safe and well.
I no longer own a Pro92 but tried I Win92 on Windows 10 and it worked, I don't know what driver issues exist with Win10
have you set the comm port in configuration in Win92??

LesWurk

WIN92 isn't an operating system. It's a program to program Radio Shack PRO-92 scanners.
you have to set the Comm port in Win92 program top row File Edit Search Scanner Configuration
also if the interface has stereo plug a stereo to mono adapter needed

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
When you plug the cable into the scanner, the Clone Mode message is displayed regardless of whether the cable is plugged in on the other end or not. Upon plugging the cable into your computer, go to Device Manager to see what COM port was assigned. Put that port into WIN92. There are a couple of options in the software that can solve additional problems, such "Enable Readback Tests". That's the one I have checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.