BCT15X: Need programming help in pa

Status
Not open for further replies.

buffalospirit

Premium Subscriber
Hello is there anyone that can help me to figure out how to program my bct15x for the p25 phase 2 systems running in pa
I am only using the pre selected state and I don't get much
Can I use a program cable and this site as I have no clue thanks in advance jay

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately the BCT 15 does not do P25, either Phase I or II. It is an analog only scanner. You would need a digital scanner, 996P2, BCD536, Home Patrol HP2

marksmith

That is correct. The 15x cannot receive any digital transmissions or systems.

You will need one of the above mentioned radios, or the 325p2, the BCD436, or one of several highest end Whistler radios.

The lowest cost on any of these radios will be the 996 p2 (very similar operation to your 15x) or the portable version 325p2.

Both of these are phase 2 p25 capable.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

happypro

Premium Subscriber
BCT15X

Having just purchased a BCT15X and live in York County, Pa. Do I understand what I am reading here, that I will not be able to get any local frequencies on this scanner. When purchased it said pre programmed. I have gotten as far as getting the state of Pennsylvania into it, but now am stuck as what to do next.It is scanning but I hear nothing, so I do not have something correct. How do I get the York County, Pa. frequencies into this. I am a retired lady with not a whole of knowledge on this, would need real good simple directions. Any help much appreciated.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately it appears you are correct. The BCT15x is a great rscanner, however it is analog only and does not do digital. In taking a look at the Database on this website, it appears the radio system York uses is a digital system- in fact you would specifically need a digital that can do digital phase II.

Someone in the PA forums may have some suggestions on frequencies you can listen to, but basically it appears all of public safety is digital.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
York County PA public safety is mostly P25 digital. You aren't going to hear much on analog.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
York County uses a P25 Phase II digital trunked system. The BC15X cannot be programmed to receive it. A new scanner is required, one that supports P25 Phase II digital:

BCD536HP
BCD436HP
BCD996P2
BCD325P2
HomePatrol-2

Status
Not open for further replies.