Need Programming Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbaca360

Hello,
I have a RS Pro163. Completely boggeled by the trunking system which I believe Pierce County and WSP have all gone to.
Is there anyone who would be willing to walk through this with me, and even if my scanner is capable?
Thank you,

b1100mac

Premium Member
Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately, both systems you mention are digital, and sheriff is phase 2, as is the Tacoma/Puyallup PSRS system used for local police and fire. You would need a pro-668, uniden 436 or 536 or a whistler scanner.

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately, both systems you mention are digital, and sheriff is phase 2, as is the Tacoma/Puyallup PSRS system used for local police and fire. You would need a pro-668, uniden 436 or 536 or a whistler scanner.

As a cheaper altenrative, go for Uniden's BCD325P2. It runs for $389.95 at ScannerMaster and you program it by hand unlike the other models. It's quite a bargin and I"m contemplating ordering one round about Xmas tme if it's on sale.

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
As a cheaper altenrative, go for Uniden's BCD325P2. .... you program it by hand unlike the other models.
Having owned 2 of these radios, let me add my .02 cents- you do not program it by hand. I used FreeScan which sucked.

I ended up selling both of them and buying two TRX-1s.

Status
Not open for further replies.