Need reccomendation for 50 foot run from ST-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for reccomendation for cable for a 50' run from an st-2 mounted on a pole attached to the house. I have some barely-used RG6-U with pre-installed connectors, 75-300 on one end and an SMA converter on the other.

Frequencies listened to are 150-155 and 700-800. I'm like to see about military craft but I wanted to get this up and going before complicating matters more.

thank you

trp2525

Looking for reccomendation for cable for a 50' run from an st-2 mounted on a pole attached to the house. I have some barely-used RG6-U with pre-installed connectors, 75-300 on one end and an SMA converter on the other...

RG6 should be fine at 50 feet and is an economical choice seeing that you already have it on hand. If your scanner uses a BNC antenna connector, you could terminate the coax inside the house with an F compression connector for RG6 and then use an F-to-BNC adapter. A better option would be to use a BNC compression connector for RG6 on the end of the coax in the house to avoid the need for an adapter.

RG6 should be fine at 50 feet and is an economical choice seeing that you already have it on hand. If your scanner uses a BNC antenna connector, you could terminate the coax inside the house with an F compression connector for RG6 and then use an F-to-BNC adapter. A better option would be to use a BNC compression connector for RG6 on the end of the coax in the house to avoid the need for an adapter.

it's a bcd436hp so it's a SMA connector. Bad idea?

Last edited:

lmrtek

As with most legacy scanner antennas, the ST2 comes ready for 75 ohm coax connection

And with only 50 ft of distance to cove , you should be gold with RG6

Status
Not open for further replies.