Need remote head like trx-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyscan

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know if Uniden has any plans to come out with a remote mount head unit for either the BCD536HP or the BCD996P2. Whistler TRX-2 has it and it's super nice, too bad there radios appear to be horrible at P25 Phase II reception. Vehicles these days have no where to mount the current mobile scanners. I'm not looking to have a tablet and software setup like some others have suggested. I'd Buy 3 or 4 remote units right now if available. Any way to re-engineer the older remote head. Has anyone tried.

Just curious.

Thanks,

SpyScan

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Any way to re-engineer the older remote head. Has anyone tried.

No. The control configuration is too different between the new scanners and the older ones the head was designed for. Your only options are a tablet/app setup via wi-fi, or a netbook and ProScan via USB.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
For reasons of competition, Uniden has a history of not announcing anything like that until the new model is actually released to the public.

They've pretty much said they have no plans due to the poor sales of the RH-96

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know if Uniden has any plans to come out with a remote mount head unit for either the BCD536HP or the BCD996P2. Whistler TRX-2 has it and it's super nice, too bad there radios appear to be horrible at P25 Phase II reception. Vehicles these days have no where to mount the current mobile scanners. I'm not looking to have a tablet and software setup like some others have suggested. I'd Buy 3 or 4 remote units right now if available. Any way to re-engineer the older remote head. Has anyone tried.

Just curious.

Thanks,

SpyScan

Get a cheap small windows tablet and a Nato Mount for wired control, or use Siren for wireless.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Alternatively, the 436 has the same RF performance as the 536 and is about the same size as a remote head (just vertical rather than horizontal). It's smaller than a netbook or tablet, too. Put it in a RAM mount and it will fit in almost any vehicle, even if space is constrained.

Status
Not open for further replies.