Need replacement power PCB for AR8200

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmosier

Could anyone tell me where I might get my hands on a replacement power PCB for my AR8200 (original green version)? I can't send it to AOR for repair because it's the unblocked version, and they won't work on it. I'm sure I could install the PCB if I could get one, but AOR doesn't provide them any longer. Maybe Japan? Thanks much for any help.

Ray

johnr5329

I had good experience with AOR Japan when it came to reparing my 8200. It wasn't inexpensive but it got done.

johnr5329

In my case they sent it back to me with "invoice" that said they would not work on it as it was not blocked. This was April 2010 or so.

rmosier

I sent it to Cal about 4 years ago and received the same reply that Johnr5329 did. They would not work on it because it was unblocked. The did offer to sell me the power PCB at the time....I should have bought it right then. Now I'm having trouble finding it. The problem I'm having is that the unit will not work on battery power, and it won't connect to my PC any more because the RS232 connection is worn. They're both part of the sasme PCB. I'll try AOR CAL once again, maybe things have changed, if they deny me, I will contact Japan. Thank you both very much for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.