Yaesu: Need screw VX-8

Status
Not open for further replies.

w8prr

Premium Subscriber
Stupid question, but does anyone know what the cap screw that holds the earphone/ext power cover on a Yeasu VX-8 ? If I were sure whatt it is could find one.
Help! de Rick W8PRR

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Call Yaesu's office in CA, ask for Tech Support or the Parts Department. I'll bet they can take care of you. But, there may not be anybody in the office for a few weeks due to "events in the news".

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Probably metric. Ace Hardware, at least all the ones around me, have a wide selection of metric hardware. Drop by when the Corona Cooties have settled down and wander through their hardware drawers. I'll be you'll find what you are looking for, and a lot cheaper than what Yaesu will sell it to you for.

I needed a bunch of screws for Kenwood belt clips. Went in, sized what I needed, then bought bulk off Amazon.

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
Strange I don't seem to be able to find a service manual online for that model, but several other Yaesu ht models the manuals all refer to it as a "spmic cap" if you are referring to the rubber screw and grommet type

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I'll be you'll find what you are looking for, and a lot cheaper than what Yaesu will sell it to you for.
Things, no doubt, have changed at Yaesu over the years. I remember 20+ years ago, I walked into the Yaesu display area at Dayton Hamvention and showed John Lynne, Yaesu USA's service manager at the time, the broken rubber plug for the speaker-mic jack on my FT-23R. John reached behind the display for a small multi-compartment parts box, pulled out two replacement plugs, and handed them to me. Free of charge.

I've heard anecdotal evidence of Yaesu doing the same thing these days when it comes to small parts. It wouldn't hurt to ask.

k6cpo

Things, no doubt, have changed at Yaesu over the years. I remember 20+ years ago, I walked into the Yaesu display area at Dayton Hamvention and showed John Lynne, Yaesu USA's service manager at the time, the broken rubber plug for the speaker-mic jack on my FT-23R. John reached behind the display for a small multi-compartment parts box, pulled out two replacement plugs, and handed them to me. Free of charge.

I've heard anecdotal evidence of Yaesu doing the same thing these days when it comes to small parts. It wouldn't hurt to ask.

I was able to buy a new battery compartment door for my VX-1 directly from Yaesu last year. The VX-1 has been discontinued for almost 25 years, yet they still had the door in stock. It cost less than $5.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.