Yaesu: Need software for FT60

Status
Not open for further replies.

KF0AWL

Hobo
I picked up a Yaesu program cable for my FT60R from a ham in a fb swap sight but I didn't get the program disk.
Anyone able to point me to a place to download the drivers to my computer?
My head is tired of searching Google for them lol

KF0AWL

Hobo
Trying to use chirp but its not finding the port.
Im thinking the computer doesn't recognize the cable

RBMTS

Did you go into the Device Manager of Windows and try to manually assign a port to the USB cable, and then assign that same port to Chirp?
If you don't see or get the warning that Windows was not able to install drivers for your cable, it probably was done ok. However the port might be an obscure port that the software is not recognizing (such as com1-com6).

kruser

Premium Subscriber
If what RBMTS said shows there is no driver installed, do you know who makes the cable?
Any markings like a model or anything printed on it anywhere?

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
I have had bad luck with Chirp and Yaesu radios. Buy the RT systems software and their cable. Yes, it's a bit pricey, but it will absolutely work. I've had Chirp flail with an FT-70 and mess up the memory banks. Chirp is fine with Baofeng etc. but not real radios.

bb911

I had some problems with RT systems software, with the most recent update (for Alinco DJ-VX50). They got me up real fast, with a new update. Great customer support. Recommended.

SteveSimpkin

Premium Subscriber
Another option for software is FT-60 Commander by Jim Mitchell, KC8UNJ. It's free (donations are welcome) and is written just for the FT-60. I use his VX-6 Commander software and am very happy with it.

k6cpo

I have had bad luck with Chirp and Yaesu radios. Buy the RT systems software and their cable. Yes, it's a bit pricey, but it will absolutely work. I've had Chirp flail with an FT-70 and mess up the memory banks. Chirp is fine with Baofeng etc. but not real radios.

Yaesu has made it clear that if CHIRP screws up your radio, your warranty is void.

W5GX

Yaesu labels a programming cable for the FT-60?

What's the model on that?

They make a cloning cable that has a TRRS connector on both ends, CT-27. That's directly from radio to radio.

You could try drivers for the FTDI chip. Can you see a COM port assigned at all in Device Manager?

I built my own cable using various sources around the internet. Have not had a problem with any.

Status
Not open for further replies.