• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Need some advice on a mobile install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra_Commander

InvisibleIndividual
Premium Subscriber
Hi if someone can help me i need some advice on a install on where i could put my scanner in a 1998 chevy caviler i can't figure out where i could put a scanner holder and where i might get one so i don't have to drill holes in the dash is there any scanner holders on the web i can buy with a Velcro back to glue to use on the dash?Would greatly appreciate any advice.

af5rn

Knowing what kind of scanner you are talking about would be helpful. Some will work fine with velcro on a dashboard. Others are too large and/or heavy. Others have remote heads available, saving you the trouble.

fmulder13

If you've got a pro-96, you're in luck in a way, because portable scanners tend to be more easily installed then base/mobile scanners, especially for people in your situation who don't want to do a lot of drilling, etc. There are a number of products out there that mount objects like iPods, cell phones, GPS devices, etc. and do it via a mount that goes in the cupholder, mounts to an air vent, mounts to the dash via adhesive, or mounts to the windshield. If you shop around you can find those mounts, and find just the right one to fit your scanner, and mount it in a way and in a spot that works for you. Best of luck, and post what you come up with!

Cobra_Commander

InvisibleIndividual
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info but do you know of some internet stores where i could get these cup holders from i can't find any when i search for them thanks.

N0GTG

Scanner programmer since 1997
Premium Subscriber
I've used the Panavise InDash bracket in my car for several years now, uses existing bolts, and they make custom brackets for each car. It puts the radio exactly where I want it - I can see it, and it can see out the windshield, which makes it receive much better. http://www.panavise.com/f/comm/indash/index.html
Attached to the bracket I have a Panavise Clip Caddy, which accepts a belt clip or button back. It can also be attached to the dash with self-adhesive strips (included), or screws (included), and comes with a couple of adhesive buttons to attach to your radio/phone/etc. I love it!
http://www.panaviseonline.com/product.php?id=345

If you can't locate them locally, private e-mail me, and I'll get them for you.

Last edited:

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Can someone help me out?

They make a flexable gooseneck mount that attaches to the front seat mounting bolt on the floorboard of the vehicle. No holes to drill, no Velcro or glue needed. You just loosen the seat mounting bolt, slip the mounting foot under the bolt, and tighten it down. The scanner is held in place on the mount, and can be adjusted to whatever angle you want. If you want I can get you a link later, and maybe post a picture of such an arrangement.

Cobra_Commander

InvisibleIndividual
Premium Subscriber
They make a flexable gooseneck mount that attaches to the front seat mounting bolt on the floorboard of the vehicle. No holes to drill, no Velcro or glue needed. You just loosen the seat mounting bolt, slip the mounting foot under the bolt, and tighten it down. The scanner is held in place on the mount, and can be adjusted to whatever angle you want. If you want I can get you a link later, and maybe post a picture of such an arrangement.

Can you get me the link for this and post a pic of it?

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Can you get me the link for this and post a pic of it?

Visit this website:
http://www.mountguys.com/category_s/5.htm

There's a pic of the mount at the top of this page. It's called the "Car Floor Scanner Mount System". I have this mount, and I use it in a Ford Ranger pickup truck. It works out well as it is. The mount uses a padded clamp type arrangement to hold the scanner. I have modified mine with a Panavise 777 Clip Caddy instead of the stock mount. The Panavise 777 Clip Caddy will accommodate belt clips or the "button" style mount such as the type found on the Uniden BCD396T scanner.

I have ordered from The Mount Guys a few times, I have never had a problem with them. The Panavise 777 Clip Caddy can be purchased from many places, here's one:
http://www.awswireless.com/store/panavise-777.html

Status
Not open for further replies.