Need some assistance for Phoenix PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

K7CB

Premium Subscriber
Hello all...

I used to live in Phoenix up until 1998 when we moved to San Diego and now, unfortunately, we're in Tampa, FL. Anyway, I'm coming to Phoenix in July for a visit (hopefully we'll be able to make a permanent move there) and the Phoenix system seems a bit complicated...even more so than San Diego County's RCS. I'm bringing my BC-396 along for the trip...can anyone here help me program the scanner for Phoenix or does anyone have a file for ARC396/996 that they can e-mail to me?

motohead10

Premium Subscriber
Arizona Radio

Phoenix PD is actually simpler then it seems to be, I have a GRE/RadioShack Pro-96 Digital Trunking scanner. I am not really up to date with the scanner your using but Phoenix PD runs on the Project 25 standard system with exclusive APCO 25 digital voice. The system runs like a motorola type II but the control channel on the Project 25 system has a 9600bps data stream dispite the motorola type II has a 3600bps data stream. So you probabily need to program the Phoenix PD system like you would a Motorola type II.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Hello all...

I used to live in Phoenix up until 1998 when we moved to San Diego and now, unfortunately, we're in Tampa, FL. Anyway, I'm coming to Phoenix in July for a visit (hopefully we'll be able to make a permanent move there) and the Phoenix system seems a bit complicated...even more so than San Diego County's RCS. I'm bringing my BC-396 along for the trip...can anyone here help me program the scanner for Phoenix or does anyone have a file for ARC396/996 that they can e-mail to me?

Since you're a premium member, best bet would be to use the webservice and download the PRWN (http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2508) right into Arc396.

I've also attached a zip file for the UASD software that was created by a fellow RR member and is, in my opinion, much more complete than the MEM files that are out there for Phoenix.

-AZ

Attachments

• Phoenix.zip
    10.8 KB · Views: 96
PRWN Comparison

The Phoenix PD system is nothing compared to the San Diego system, trust me, I monitor both. The system is big, but much of it isn't even used yet, and there isn't NEARLY as much law enforcement acitivity on the Phoenix System.

The San Diego system has tons of agencies using the system, the Phoenix system doesn't.

It is not Type 2 though, it is apco 25.

Program system A in using the RR database and you will be good to go.

Be sure to include the am aircraft frequencies 123.5, 123.025, and 123.05. The police / so / dps helicopters have a lot of cool chatter on these frequencies. Glendale PD is also fun to monitor if you are close enough, lots of interesting traffic, and lots of "neat things" done in clear, ditto for Scottsdale PD on the last part.

Note that the PFD hasn't gone to the digital system yet, it is still VHF high.

K7CB

Premium Subscriber
Thanks all...for some reason, my 396 didn't track the system very well. It kept loosing the control channel for some reason, as if it were off scanning another system except that everything was completely empty except for the PRWIN system. Maybe it was our location. We were staying at the Red Roof Inn east of Sky Harbor on the outskirts of Tempe.

RDCat

Premium Subscriber
anyone willing to share a 2096 file of the area?
im going to stay close to the main phnx airport

Status
Not open for further replies.