Need some assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

amseybold

I have a Whistler 1065 I believe, in my vehicle, I bought it for only one reason, it has a remote control head. Since I have a number of LMR and LTE devices in my car already I mounted the control head on the dashboard and put the scanner in my glove box. The issue is, for me that all of my radios are set on a timer to come on after the ignition is engaged and remain on once the engine turned of for 10 minutes.
The issue is that the Whistler has no way of being turned on with ignition sense or when my time is energized and so I have to remember to manually turn on and it takes a while to load and start operating. I need a scanner with a remote head (preferably a LAN cable as Whistler is now using, but one that will come on with ignition sense or when my timer says for it to turn on---any ideas? Thanks

alabamarailfan

Premium Subscriber
Hello!
It sounds like you might have the Whistler TRX-2, as it has the built in remote-head option but it doesn't look like the 1065 has this option. I have the TRX-2 as well and, to my knowledge, there is no provision for automatic power on. At least I have never found it.

The only option I can think of, depending on what you plan to monitor, might be a dual band ham radio. Many of these come with remote head mounting options, will automatically power on with the ignition and will usually receive much broader bands than what they will transmit on.

However, if you need functionality like monitoring P25 trunking systems, DMR or NXDN digital decoding, you will probably be stuck with a scanner. The TRX-2 will do all of these but again, has no provision for auto power on. My understanding is that the manufacturer did this to reduce the chances of corruption of the SD card.

Status
Not open for further replies.