Need some assistance....

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndianaBoy

Hello all.

I admit to being a complete new guy regarding scanners. I picked up a Radio Shack Pro-94 today... because I couldn't justify the 500 for a 96 since I am new to this hobby.

I had no problem programming direct frequencies.

I am now trying to program a Motorola Type II trunking system. I am in a separate bank from my direct frequencies, I enter all the frequencies for the trunking system:

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=1068

Red* are Primary Control Channels, Blue* are alternate control channels

Site Description Freqs
001 Primary 855.21250 856.21250 857.21250 858.21250 859.21250* 859.93750* 860.21250

Now when I get finished, I am not successful in locating the Talkgroups. I am following the manual, and I have tried following the easier to read manuals. I wonder if anyone can steer me down the right path.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. How do I list the talkgroups so my receiver can reference them? Is it possible my receiver is malfunctioning? (I doubt it.) Is squelch an issue when the receiver is trying to locate talkgroups?

Forgive my ignorance.

Am I correct that the system referenced in the link above is an 800mhz Type II system?

Last edited:

IndianaBoy

Disregard. I think I got it figured out.

Just had to monkey with it for a while before I figured it out.

cnmsales

How about posting what you did to fix it so those in the future who see this post might have a better idea?

Thanks and welcome aboard to one of the best radio entusiast sites out there.

IndianaBoy

Well, in reality... I thought I had resolved the issue.

As per usual, I was wrong.

I think I am familiar enough now with the terminology to explain my problems.

I can successfully program in the Control Channels for a Motorola Type II Smartnet.

However, I am unable to consistenly navigate my way in and program the lists of the Talkgroups.

With my model (Pro 94B), I should be able to put in 10 lists, with 10 items, per trunking system that I can program in (capacity of 10). Somehow I stumbled my way in to getting them in for ONE trunking system. Afterwards, I was not able to get to a point where I could edit a list for any other trunking system for which I had programmed in the Control Channels.

The keystrokes outlined in my manual, and the easier to read manuals do not produce the results in my handset which they are supposed to.

I am very new to this, perhaps after attempting it again here in a few minutes, a solution may appear.

If anyone who has successfully manually programmed Talkgroups Lists into a Radioshack Pro-94B could assist me, I would be extremely grateful.

Now for the fun stuff... you wouldn't believe all the stuff that went on less than 2 miles from my house last night, that you will NEVER hear about on the news. The cops were busy last night. Suicidal woman, drug dealer traffic stops, foot chase of a suspect along a trail I frequently run on....... And that was a Monday night.......

Still learning. I think I'm hooked.

IndianaBoy

Still having trouble.

Why can I not get in to program Lists of Talkgroups when I have programmed in all of the Trunking frequencies? It worked on one bank for me, and when that bank is scanning it switches back and forth to give me the option to edit the lists.

Why is it not also doing that on this new bank that I programmed with trunking frequencies?

Baffled.......

Status
Not open for further replies.