Need some help figuring out how to manually program a Viper system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cdw25si

Premium Subscriber
I own a couple of Uniden BCD436HP radios and have manually programmed them to everything around me. Given almost all of the systems are Motorola Smartzone II. Just recently a neighboring county went from all conventional to the Viper system and I have a couple of questions that I hope someone has the answers to. First off I am trying to program Davidson County North Carolina if anyone wants to look it up on the database to help out. First question may seem like a dumb one but I can’t find any information to answer it. When programming a Viper system which radio system do you set it up as in your scanner? Second is I’ve programmed quite a few systems in the scanners and they all had a seven digit frequency so they were easy. Now trying to program this Viper system every frequency is an eight digit frequency like 769.55625. I can’t figure out which KHz range it is so when I enter the frequency it cuts off the last number so ofcourse it’s useless. Even if I knew the KHz range I’m not 100% sure I know where in the radio I would go to change it and set it up. If anybody could help me to get it right and explain it to me I would greatly appreciate it.DEAE7266-B1DE-4980-9D64-138F902A278E.jpeg

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Hand programming a 436 is like trying to precisely drill hundreds of holes with an old-time "egg-beater" drill. Way too much effort and opportunity for things to go wrong. Use Sentinel to create a Favorites List. The correct information will be gathered and what you need to deal with will be there.

Check over on YouTube for some very good how to videos.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I already have a hpe favorites list file for VIPER Davidson County waiting for him with all of the Fire, EMS, PD, and Highway Patrol talkgroups. All he has to do is import it into Sentinel and write to his scanner. His original thread was in the New User forum which was eliminated. I hope he knows it was moved to the NC forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.