need some help freq toronto to montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

audi

I understand thanks guys

looks like I am almost done loading all the freq. to test it work i turned on unit and hit scan.

which now should scan all I entered correct?

so when I am driving along it will pick freq that comes in so nothing I have to change on scanner corrrect?

mciupa

You should be good to go. :cool:

Have a good trip and report back about your road trip :)

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
And if you feel genrous bring us back some baegles from St. Vieteur or Fairmount & a couple of briskets from Schwartzs on the main

VORTAC

Database Admin
Originally Posted by kirk23

The Quebec Provincial Police ( S.Q.) use an intermittant underlaying noise (more like an open carrier...for lack of a proper term) on most of their freqs in order to discourage scanner listeners from monitoring them..
so always better to include the typical of the way things are done here in Quebec, they put these tones (noise) onto the communications not realizing that scanners are now made with built in CTCSS tone boards .. like alot of things here in QC they're 10-15 years behind the times LOL

The sound you hear kirk23, is the encryption. Since 1992, they use this function temporarily as it is not compatible with their portable transmitters. So that means that every time they encrypts, you lose the conversation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.