Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
hey guys getting back into a digi uniden bcd396t

I am kind having a hard time knowing what to install to scanner for opp
Ontario Provincial Police Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
so do I for example click one of the (Trunked Radio Systems for Ontario Provincial Police)

then once into System Frequencies I just load the red and blue freq that I want to key into?

Hi. Its best to make different systems for each tower that you want to listen to. If you just threw in a bunch of control channels your 396T will stop on the first one it finds and not neccessarily the one you want to listen to or are closest to.

Zone 1 is all areas basically Durham and west and Zone 2 is east to Ottawa to the Quebec border.
Dont forget to put in the system parameters, that info is available on the Bell Fleetnet page you visited.

If you need to program it by hand there is a sticky at the top of this forum that can walk you thru it.

Good luck.

mciupa

The Fleenet towers you would need for OPP are:

Zone 1

Mowat
Whitby
Pontypool

Zone 2

Cobourg
Demorestville
Harrowsmith
Morton
Prescott
Winchester
Cornwall

and for SQ in Quebec for the Montreal region put in District 6

154.220 (167.9 PL) Montreal - Expressways
154.680 (167.9 PL) Montreal - Expressways (tunnels)
154.740 (186.2 PL) Laval - Expressways
153.650 (186.2 PL) GQG Montreal - General Headquarters

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
thanks guys i working to try to understand it all.

so based on these steps Programming your Uniden DMA (Dynamic Memory Scanner) scanner for Bell Mobility Radio's Fleetnet system - The RadioReference Wiki

i have to do all that just to enter one place lets say cornwall?

and then if I want to enter ottawa I do all those steps again?

Yes, each fleetnet tower you enter in has to have the base offset and steps.

You can cut & paste the talkgroups.

Working with software is the best, I think you can download a startup of ARC software and use it to do what you want to do at no cost.

warrior420

Get a copy of freescan, it's soo much easier than doing all that by hand, do it once to understand what goes where, then read it from freescan and edit and save as you need it

audi

I am going to try free scan again.. last time i did my serial sync was notworking for me..

so just to confirm lets say i pick 4 citys from group 1 table

so i have to enter this
Custom Frequency Tables

Base Spacing Offset
141.015 15.0 380
151.7300 15.0 579
154.3200 15.0 632

each time even thou its the same for all the group citys?

audi

ps
i was just at freescan looking at the example and when they do it they cut and past the whole page to copy to scanner but the example here shows u need to add Custom Frequency Tables

Base Spacing Offset
141.015 15.0 380
151.7300 15.0 579
154.3200 15.0 632
but freescan does not show anything about this being copied over..and they dont show just the red and blue being copied only. I dont get it.
man i think i need to take a school program to understand all this.

warrior420

what kind of antenna are you using? If it is just the stock rubber duckie you could throw all control channels in the same system as you wont really get more than one tower at a time, there will be some dead spots in between sites as they dont perform well at all under a car's roof. You can get a nice mag mount from durham radio about 12" high for 30 bux. Then you would pick up multiple sites at once and need different systems. Do you want to listen to only opp or ems,mto,mnr?

audi

for now factory rubber duckey.

I have already in the garage a maxrad NMO150/450/800 http://www.theantennafarm.com/catalog/images/productimages/NMO150450800.jpg

but would first like to play around with some other options first, I already have a larsen nmo cb 4ft and really dont want 2 nmo mounts on the truck.

so maybe I will do a glass mount or maybe get some kind of antenna to antenna inside along the top of windsheild etc. will just mess around for a bit.

ps yes to opp and also will go for york,durham barrie local police

Last edited:

cpuerror

Since you have the premium sub, you can skip Ez Grab and import directly. Just select File * Import * Radioreference Trunked. Don't forget your scanner can only handle one site, by default all 40 will be selected.

ps
i was just at freescan looking at the example and when they do it they cut and past the whole page to copy to scanner but the example here shows u need to add Custom Frequency Tables

Base Spacing Offset
141.015 15.0 380
151.7300 15.0 579
154.3200 15.0 632
but freescan does not show anything about this being copied over..and they dont show just the red and blue being copied only. I dont get it.
man i think i need to take a school program to understand all this.

kirk23

Pierrefonds (West Island Montreal) Qc Canada
SQ (Quebec Provincial Police) freqs Ontario border to Montreal

Once you hit the Quebec border you can start listening to the QC provincial Police. From the Ontario Border till you reach the island of Montreal you'll only need 2 freqs.. Vaudreuil West 166.800 (ctcss 127.3) for the area Ont. border till Dorion..then Vaudreuil east 166.680 (ctcss 156.7) for Dorion ,Pincourt & ile Perrot. once you pass the bridge onto the island of Montreal the QC provincial police uses just 1 freq for all the highways in Montreal 154.220 (ctcss 167.9) use the ctcss tone or else you'll be driven crazy.

Montreal Police
410.1125 west
410.2625 special ops ch.
410.3625 central (Downtown & Olympic stadium area)
410.4875 north
410.6125 east
410.7875 Metro Unit (Subway system)
410.9125 General (citywide)
410.6625 W/T on scene (Low Power / Limited Range)

Montreal Fire is a Motorola P-25 Digital system
control ch. 866.6625
alt. control ch. 866.1625
alt. control ch. 866.2875
alt. control ch. 866.5375
just put in these 4 channels and you're all set..

just remember all communications here are in FRENCH..

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Once you hit the Quebec border you can start listening to the QC provincial Police. From the Ontario Border till you reach the island of Montreal you'll only need 2 freqs.. Vaudreuil West 166.800 (ctcss 127.3) for the area Ont. border till Dorion..then Vaudreuil east 166.680 (ctcss 156.7) for Dorion ,Pincourt & ile Perrot. once you pass the bridge onto the island of Montreal the QC provincial police uses just 1 freq for all the highways in Montreal 154.220 (ctcss 167.9) use the ctcss tone or else you'll be driven crazy.

Montreal Police
410.1125 west
410.2625 special ops ch.
410.3625 central (Downtown & Olympic stadium area)
410.4875 north
410.6125 east
410.7875 Metro Unit (Subway system)
410.9125 General (citywide)
410.6625 W/T on scene (Low Power / Limited Range)

Montreal Fire is a Motorola P-25 Digital system
control ch. 866.6625
alt. control ch. 866.1625
alt. control ch. 866.2875
alt. control ch. 866.5375
just put in these 4 channels and you're all set..

just remember all communications here are in FRENCH..

Kirk: Do the Mtl police (They used to be called SCUM back when I lived there) still refer to themselves in french and english as when they call out their unit #'s ? IE: 'Dix dix-sept' 'ten-seventeen.'

I used to hear some candid calls en anglais especially in the west end and downtown quartiers.
I recently listened to a feed from the island and the EDACS island wide system had Urgences Sante and local municpality chatter. It sounds like there was some english stuff.

I dont remember any U.S. chatter ever in english when I lived there many years ago but west end areas were and are english majority.

Do some of the island municipalities like Westmount and CSL conduct their fire calls and works calls in english anymore?

kirk23

English on Montreal Emergency Services Radios... NO

Kirk: Do the Mtl police (They used to be called SCUM back when I lived there) still refer to themselves in french and english as when they call out their unit #'s ? IE: 'Dix dix-sept' 'ten-seventeen.'

I used to hear some candid calls en anglais especially in the west end and downtown quartiers.
I recently listened to a feed from the island and the EDACS island wide system had Urgences Sante and local municpality chatter. It sounds like there was some english stuff.

I dont remember any U.S. chatter ever in english when I lived there many years ago but west end areas were and are english majority.

Do some of the island municipalities like Westmount and CSL conduct their fire calls and works calls in english anymore?

LOL an ex-Montrealer i see EJB.....

the Police were called the Montreal Urban Community Police Dept (MUCPD) or in french Service de Police Communaute Urbaine de Montreal (SPCUM) from 1974 until 2002 when the urban community was disolved and they became the Service de Police de la Ville de Montreal (SPVM) Montreal Police Dept.
as for radio comms, the odd dispatcher sometimes will use English & french when calling a car ie: "Studio appell le cinq trois .. five three" but thats as far as it goes.. you sometimes hear the odd west end or downtown units speaking english between themselves but only on the NON dispatch channels

Urgences Sante.. there is NO english spoken on the air what so ever, i've been told it's officially forbidden as Urgences Sante is a QC Provincial Org.
the only agency on the Urgences Sante Edaccs system that speaks english on their own talk group are the Cote St. Luc 1st responders.. but when their dispatcher talks with Urgences Sante on the main talk group they must speak french.

as for west island suburban fire depts, they DON'T exsist any more, Jan1 2002 every paid suburban fire Dept on the island was merged into the Montreal Fire Dept. (SIM) and all the volunteer depts were eliminated and replaced with full time Montreal firefighter and apperatus. and the Montreal Fire Dept does NOT permit english on the radios at all anymore..

the joys of being an Anglophone in Quebec LOL

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Kirk: It must have been the CSL First responders then on the feed I heard. I grew up there and new (and probably still know) some of CSL's crew.

The Cops would speak english on occasion on a few of the channels but youre right dispatch was done en francais and god forbid you would hear city works cres, or FDP or Urgences Sante on anything but the official language

As for the joys of being an Anglophone in Quebec, I remember it well, very few people here wouldn understand it but it certainly was interesting. I miss it from time to time

audi

i noticed when reading a freq like

Vaudreuil West 166.800 (ctcss 127.3)

the part i enter is 166.800 but whats the 127.3 used for?

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
its a CTCSS tone ... in basic .. multiple companies may use the same frequency with a different tone.
If you want to listen to only your company, then enter the tone in your 396T (when you program the channel)

the tone filters out all other companys on that frequency and only lets your company though

more info at
Continuous Tone-Coded Squelch System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

kirk23

there are 2 answers as to why to use the CTCSS tones when listening to the S.Q.

The Quebec Provincial Police ( S.Q.) use an intermittant underlaying noise (more like an open carrier...for lack of a proper term) on most of their freqs in order to discourage scanner listeners from monitoring them..
so always better to include the typical of the way things are done here in Quebec, they put these tones (noise) onto the communications not realizing that scanners are now made with built in CTCSS tone boards .. like alot of things here in QC they're 10-15 years behind the times LOL

2nd.. they also repeat the same Freq several times throughout the province, they label the 15 different CTCSS tones by "LETTER" and the 27 Frequencies by a Number so you can have for example
166.800 is ch 1-G Vaudreuil Autoroute (tone 127.3)
is the same freq 166.800 as ch.1-J St.Hyacinthe (tone 146.2)

see full list at Surete du Quebec (SQ) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.