Need some help or understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gambill1

I am using rr to program my scanner, Here is the problem. I am programming my local pd and fire and a few others. Basically updating since they added a few new freqs to our pd and fire. when I download them into the scanner and hit scan, nothing. They will not stop on the channel when they are talking on the other scanners that are programed the same way without the updated freqs. I even just put the old freqs in from the database and still no action. It will do this on the other scanners also. Once it did stop but no sound and i looked and the id is the same but when it shows the actuall freq, it is not the same as the other ones programed that do work. Just don't understand whats up with it.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Have you attempted to manually park the scanner on the frequencies using MAN and seeing if it receives transmissions? Are you able to compare if anything is different in programming between the old frequency and the updated frequency? There's always a chance there was an error in an update that resulted in an incorrect tone. You might want to also include what exactly you are attempting to program and with what software in order to give us a little more information on what is going on.

gambill1

Ok here goes, What I am trying to program is Saint Albans / Nitro ( west virginia ) police and fire since they both use the same freq now. I am using arc 500 software. One of the scanners that is programed from a while back will talk while the other one just keeps scanning.

N8IAA

Ok here goes, What I am trying to program is Saint Albans / Nitro ( west virginia ) police and fire since they both use the same freq now. I am using arc 500 software. One of the scanners that is programed from a while back will talk while the other one just keeps scanning.

Are you programming the state of WV's P-25 system? Or, are you using the conventional frequencies?
If you download to the software from the scanner that works, you can then upload it to the scanner that doesn't.
Larry

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Is the working scanner also programmed for P25? If so, what talkgroup is programmed in for the working scanner and are you programming the closest and most appropriate tower sites control channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.